April 8, 2014

Judy~Poking Along

This week I was inspired to work on two somewhat neglected projects.  Now each one is half done.  The sock was started  for the Loopy Ewe Spring Challenge (I should know better!), using a pattern called 9 to 5.  It was supposed to be done by March 31, I think.  Oh well.  The Mitt was a January Mystery pattern and is now called Epiphany Mitts.  Now to do the other halves.  But first I am going to tackle a really long time UFO, the 2010 Advent scarf!  We'll see how that goes.


Oh, and we found a great hangar and place for the Sunbonnet Sue quilt! I Through Amazon I found a man in Matlock, WA, who makes quilt hangars to order and am very pleased with his work.  Now you can see the quilt from the living room and dining room and even up close on the stairs.



As for the Advent Scarf, which I started in 2010 and quit on day 15 1/2, I am now almost done with Day 16.  There's been lots of ripping on this particular project....... but I will slog on.  This time it's not going to get the best of me! (And this year's  Advent is a Long Ways Off!)

13 comments:

Cyra said...

Sun Bonnet Sue does look great there with her new hanging product. Lovely to have it on display in a prominent position in view from many directions.
Good luck with the Advent scarf.

Moira said...

Good luck with the advent scarf! I like how you've got Sue hanging. =)

Debra Spincic said...

What is an advent scarf?

Suztats said...

SBS looks good in her new home! It's nice to admire her from so many directions.........looking forward to seeing the finished UFO's.

Judy S. said...

It's this crazy pattern I fell for in 2010 with one new lace section for each day of Advent. Since then the designer has continued the tradition, but I haven't participated. Am now on Day 17 of the 2010 scarf and determined to finish.... and never make another!

Judy S. said...

Is any one else not getting the new Tuesday Stitches post alerts on Bloglovin? Mine stop with Deborah's from this morning.

Debra Spincic said...

I noticed all my comments have gone to undeliverable failure notice in the spam folder. Hmmm.

Debra Spincic said...

Knit?

Judy S. said...

oh, yes, and ripped many times, too!

ladyhawthorne said...

Sue looks fantastic!
Can't wait to see your scarf.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Sunbonnet Sue is just adorable, I love it. I knit a sock once....I wound up ripping it to use the yarn for something else. I also have a fingerless glove on some needles, and that's something I could use since my office gets into arctic temperatures sometimes. Good job on the Sunbonnet quilt, it is beautiful.

cq4fun said...

I love seeing Sue in situ! That was a long project and it's finished! Look forward to seeing that advent thing you are doing now, and the finish of your knitteries. Yes I do make up words, why do you ask? =)

QuiltingFitzy said...

Sunbonnet Sue looks marvelous, and the quilt hanger was a great find! Once we get those forever projects done...don't we feel silly? Good job YOU!