April 29, 2014

Judy~ A Couple of Finishes

Despite a request from our daughter's mother-in-law for 3 pairs of booties for a friend by May, I finally did do some embroidery yesterday; however, there aren't any photos of it.  These are done and in the mail. Hurrah! 


The  socks are done, too, and I wore them yesterday!  I really like this pattern (9 to 5 on Ravelry) and the stitch pattern could be done on anything with a 6 stitch repeat.  It has a very nice and different heel.






Here's the infamous Advent Scarf which I started in 2010. I stopped midway on Day 15 which may have been around the time I started having gall bladder issues.  Anyhow, I picked it up again finally and am now on day 18 with 6 to go.  I was stuck for a bit on one of the instructions for day 18 which read "knit the rightway und twist".  It finally dawned on me that the German designer must have meant "knit front and back" (kfb).  If not, it worked, and I'm leaving it the way it is!  I wanted to finish the sock (#2) before the end of the month, so it looks like the scarf is number 3 on my list, doesn't it?  (I do have a couple of other projects waiting, too, but I'm sure you aren't surprised by that.)
  

Have a great stitching week!

13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

You are so accomplished! Nice footwear all around!

Cyra said...

I see you haven't been letting yourself get bored, lol. Love your new blue socks.

cq4fun said...

How great they all are, and what a nice change that last one must make from all the blue. =)

Suztats said...

That's a very nice shade of blue on your pretty, new socks. You've had a good knitting week.

ladyhawthorne said...

Knitted socks always look so luxurious to me, very nice!
I always have several projects going at the same time too.

Judy S. said...

It's Lorna's Laces yarn which I really like.

Judy S. said...

I somehow think none of us is ever bored! ;>)

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Debra! I am hoping the lady will like the booties since I don't know her at all.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Love those booties, especially the yellow fuzzy ones! I knit for The Pink Slipper Project, very satisfying.

Barbara C said...

I agree, the fuzzy booties are my favorites too. I've finished one bootie in the pair I'm knitting. They're more like tiny socks.

Judy S. said...

That fuzzy yellow is angora yarn and is so soft. It takes about 49 yards of it to make those booties.

Judy S. said...

I'd love to see a photo of your booties! They go pretty fast, don't they?

Judy S. said...

No chance to get bored with multiple projects, right? And then there's always the garden to fall back on.......