April 22, 2014

Fitzy - YAY! She did it (finally)!

Behold! My 3rd block is finally constructed. The best part is that I already have plans for two of the seam treatments!!
I know you're chuckling, and that's OK. For whatever reason, putting the block together is terribly hard for me, and seriously gives me a stomach ache. I'm just not a willy-nilly-kind-of girl! Over-thinking is clearly the problem. I'll just keep studying your blocks, and things of interest I find surfing. I WILL GET OVER THIS HUMP!

We're nearing the end of our racing season, running when it's so hot, just isn't fun. We have a 10K in 2 weeks, then we're pretty much done until September. That should clear a chunk of time for me. I've even resorted to getting off the bus a mile before we're at our destination, and walking the rest to work each day...just trying to make it all fit in. Now if I could just crochet and walk, lol...(I do read and walk, it drives people nuts!)

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Handsome block!

Moira said...

Lovely block. Love the dotted fabric.

ladyhawthorne said...

I like the book page in the center!
I found layout for blocks to be hard as well. One thing I read was to kind of work in a circular direction.

Cyra said...

A gorgeous lot of textured fabrics. You could leave this block without any embellishing or stitches and I would still love it ;-)

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I'm not chuckling! That is a very pretty block!

Barbara C said...

I also like the book page in the center. Good work!

Suztats said...

I think the fabrics go together very well, adding texture and some nice subtle colour. I like the dots, too. I struggled with making blocks when I first started out, too, but it became easier with practice.

Judy S. said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see what you do with this one. I also like the way you've incorporated some printed stuff in each block so far.

cq4fun said...

A great block. I like the colors and that print in the middle sort of softened by the pretty lace. Nicely done!