April 29, 2014

Fitzy: Block 3 Progress

I stayed up 1.5 hours last night so I WOULD have something to show. I'm not sure I can keep up with you all! Staying up late isn't something I like to do, I'm generally a 9-hour per night kind of girl.
I've strayed away from my mono-chromatic a bit, but this thread choice is on another block, so it will work to provide eye movement and continuity. I'm still debating about adding a small leaf to the blank intersections. Maybe the leaf would help draw the eye away from the seam I'm trying to cover? I guess I'll describe this work as having a "mono-chromatic flavor"! Right?
An upcoming 10K this weekend, Whiskey Row Marathon & 10K up in Prescott, AZ. I'm really excited for this one, and a chance for R&R in the mountains. Not sure if any stitching will be done as I am generally the driver in this little family!
Hope you all have a creative week, I thank you for all of your support.

9 comments:

Suztats said...

Definitely a monochromatic flavour! I like your seam. Contrast is good.
Hope you have a great run!

cq4fun said...

Very pretty seam and love those beads. Leaves would be good, and without them is good, too. Enjoy the coolness of Prescott for your 10K. Wish I were going to be there, too!

Moira said...

I'm with Susan - I wish I was there with you in Prescott this weekend. Been a long time since I've been there.

Debra Spincic said...

Lovely so far! Nice to see those fabrics pressed into service.

ladyhawthorne said...

Monochromatic works very well, love the beading on the embroidery.

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the block! Have a great run, both places!

Barbara C said...

The seam looks great. Enjoy your weekend.

Cyra said...

The Heritage Green of your stitched seam works very well with the fabrics. Overall it has a very vintage look to the block so far. Yes, I like the idea of some small leaves. You do such neat stitching Fitzy. Love it.

QuiltingFitzy said...

do you think I should stick to the same green for the leaves? Too many decisions!