April 8, 2014

Deborah: CQ stitching


A little more progress on the CQ this week. Not finished with these seams -- I'm waiting until the pieces tell me what to do next. ;-)




This block started out with one idea which I quickly ditched. Now I'm meditating on where to go next. :-)


Sunday I made two of these pillows for the Basset Hound Rescue auction this coming Saturday evening.  I don't have Bassets but my brother and his wife and three, and we attend the auction every year. Last year if you recall I made a small wall hanging for the auction. One day I want to make a full size doggie-themed quilt.
  These are big pillows, about 20 inches. The toile looks great with the black and white embroidery.  Thanks again, Debra, for these beautiful embroidered pieces. They're done on this gorgeous linen, too. These should be very successful at the auction.


That's about it, except for cutting out several garments which I need desperately. I could spend a fortune on ready made clothes but they are so expensive and besides, I really love to sew.

Have a great week, ladies.

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

You seem to have found your stride with this project's embroidery. Everything looks so cohesive and flows so nicely together.

Debra Spincic said...

I like the rick rack treatment a lot!

Judy S. said...

Oops, my post vaporized? Anyhow I love the redwork, Deborah, and also the rick rack attachment which brought back memories.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm always amazed when someone does something cool with rick rack, it has never been something I used. I'd say the CQ is doing a pretty good job of telling you what it wants!
Awww, the doggy pillow is fabulous.

cq4fun said...

All of your seams are attractive, but I really liked that curved feather with the "thing" above it - looks like a cotton boll to me. =) Lucky Rescue place!

Cyra said...

I always love it when our projects 'talk' to us, and yours is getting very chatty lately......great stitching.
Nice work on the hound pillow too. Someone is going to be very pleased with their purchase.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

The only thing I miss with this project is using different colors but it does make things easier being limited to red and white. :-)

Debra Spincic said...

. . . . especially when you are brain dead and can't make a decision to save your life. (Not that you are ever like that!)

Moira said...

Great pillow for the rescue. You're doing better than me on only working with one color....it would drive me nuts. lol

Deb said...

Nah...not me... :-)

Suztats said...

Blogger ate my comment! grrrrr!
Love the pillows--they'll be snatched up! Adore those seams, your stitching and the red/white scheme.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

That started out as one thing and ended up another. :-)