April 1, 2014

Deborah: CQ, Baby Quilts (lots of photos)

A few more seams done on the CQ:






I love French knots, can you tell?

Debra send me these adorable curtain panels to make baby/toddler quilts this summer for a friend who is expecting. She has a 3 year old, so how can I make the new baby a quilt and not the little girl?





So cute.

Last but not least, my niece's baby will be a year old in July. I am so glad I held on to these Children's Corner patterns. I'm not sure you can find them any more. I made my daughters clothes from these patterns when they were little.I haven't done any smocking in a long time so I guess I'll find out if I still have the ability. But I love these old-fashioned children's clothes. My favorite is the little smocked coat and hat. I made that for Allison out of red corduroy. So cute.
I guess I made up for not posting last week.  I'm just glad I didn't wait until 5 am tomorrow morning to try & post something.  I've gotten off track a little lately but I feel that momentum building again! :-)






13 comments:

Munir said...

Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Debra Spincic said...

Your hand embroidery this week looks really nice and regular. Looks like you are getting a good rhythm.

Judy S. said...

Love that redwork! Those blocks should make some really fun quilts. That monkey sure is cute. Glad you saved the patterns; not only are they hard to find now, they are much more expensive!

ladyhawthorne said...

The CQ is looking great, I love french knots too.

The animal squares are fun, the little ones will enjoy them.

Cyra said...

Some very interesting seams on the red & white cq. Nice beads and buttons there, and love the curvy stitching.
Great panels. The animals all look so happy that I cant help smiling with them.
It's worth hanging on to those old patterns. I, too, have some stored away at the back of a cupboard, and I also have a smocking machine packed away that hasn't seen the light of day for a few years. I wonder if I can remember how to use it. Make sure you show us how you get on with the girls dress(es)

Moira said...

The curtain panels will make a cute quilt. love the idea. =)

Debra Spincic said...

I haven't even opened the box on my new serger I bought last year. Tsk, tsk.

Debra Spincic said...

a bit of recycling. . . .

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I have a pleating machine which I haven't touched in probably 20 years but I'm glad I still have it. They are pricey.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

And, they'll work up quickly into a toddler quilt.

cq4fun said...

Love your seam treatments, even though at least two of them are based on cretan stitch. =) The baby quilts and the little girl clothes will be so adorable. I, too, like the more classic look in children's clothes.

QuiltingFitzy said...

What brand of perle do you fancy? The red sure has a nice sheen. Could be the flash I suppose, lol. But it love it nonetheless! (I like french knots too!)

Suztats said...

The red and white is so pleasing to the eye, and your stitching is lovely. Those curtain panels are adorable! I can imagine the designs showing up on a pair of baby overalls or on the skirt of a little dress..........Aren't those classic styles back in style again? Good save.