April 16, 2014

Deborah: AWOL.

I cook twice a year: Passover and Thanksgiving. Monday night Passover began. I did almost all of the cooking on Sunday because of work Monday. I came home from work, and thank goodness the DH had the dishes all washed and ready for me to set the table (I hope you picked up on the sarcasm there). I was sitting there having a nice cup of coffee when the light went off: I forgot the soup. It all went well except that I have never been so tired in my life. I left work early yesterday because I was worthless after about 2 pm. I think I have to admit that standing and cooking for hours really wears me out now.

So I just have a couple of pictures of my very slow progress:


For the most part, I've been adding beads to the embroidery I've done on this piece. 

My sister in law has asked me to make her a couple of dresses for weddings coming up ....and one is in May! I can do it if she doesn't procrastinate and take a long time making up her mind about fabric and patterns. 

And would you believe we're having another cold spell?  It's 33 degrees!

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Your wheels look so pretty-lacy!

ladyhawthorne said...

Nice wheels and the heart is so pretty. I love the red thread too, is it perle?

I know what you mean about getting tired, I am finding I can't go for as long as I used to either and it annoys me.

Deb said...

Yes, it is. I felt rested after a good night's sleep.

Deb said...

Thanks.!

cq4fun said...

We had that cold yesterday, so I believe it! The stitching/beading looks good. Beading can take more time than the embroidery! That's a lot of cooking and you don't get a day off to do it, either.

Suztats said...

We had snow yesterday. sigh.
Love those wheels--so lacy and pretty, as is your red stitching. It may be going slow, but you can't rush beautiful!

Judy S. said...

That quilt is going to be fabulous. I can't wait to see the whole thing! Have a happy time with your family!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I don't cook often either. I find I've lost my touch! Can't get the whole meal on the table at once EVER anymore, lol. Hubs is very happy to cook, and is home most of the day, so it works for us. I get a chance on the weekends if I'm desperate. I agree with the others, this piece is really going to be stunning!