April 15, 2014

Cy ~ Crazy Quilt Mandala

 Straight From the Heart Crazy Quilt 
Week 15

A stitched Mandala (not complete yet).


I have had another try at needle tatting. Still not totally got the hang of it.
Something got a bit twisted in the wrong direction somewhere along the line, and its all a bit uneven.
I shall persevere.


Sorry if I'm a bit short on photos this week.

I have actually accomplished a lot more than just these two offerings this week, but I am not able to show you my other things yet as they have to remain a secret for a little while longer.
I hope you can find some patience while we wait for deadlines.

Happy Stitching

8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the mandala with its color changes. I think your little star flower is lovely.

Suztats said...

That's a neat mandala and I love the thread you've used. Such rich tones.
Tension comes with lots and lots of practice, Cyra. It looks to me like you may not have done the knot tightly enough, but that could just be the angle of the photo. Looks like you've gotten the hang of picots, though. Yay!
Let me know if I can help with the twisty bit......

Moira said...

You may not think the needle tatting is good - but to my eyes it's wonderful! That is one thing I've never learned to do and I love what you've done.

Debra Spincic said...

Oh there you go--tantalizing us with thoughts of a surprise!

Barbara C said...

The stitched mandala looks very nice on the printed fabric. Nice combination.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love watching your work bloom and grow! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

cq4fun said...

Now I find myself thinking up ways the mandala might be finished, and it has so many great possibilities! The tatting looks good to me. *I'd* use it in something if it were mine.

Judy S. said...

Very nice! Did you use a special thread? Love the colors!