April 8, 2014

Angela ~ Quilt update with photos

Here's the update on my quilt project which has been a little slow due to gardening time.
Everything above the yellow line is quilted including about half way out on the sides.  I'm working on the section that's in the hoop, so I'd say I'm more than 1/3 done but not quite half way.
Here's part of the back,  you can see stripes on the left and the sun face between the squares stripes, sort of.
Here's another square I quilted the fabric pattern on, it's in the center of the photo.
(internet photo)
And we have new visitors to Dad's feeding area, yellow headed blackbirds.  That yellow really stands out amongst the wrens and red winged blackbirds.  Nothing is brighter except the male cardinals.

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Nice quilting! I hope your garden is successful after all the work you've been putting into it.

cq4fun said...

For hand quilting, it seems to be moving fast, to me. It is such a pretty quilt, and so meaningful.

ladyhawthorne said...

We had a little rain and a couple of beans and some spinach popped up!

Cyra said...

Slow and steady wins the race. I'm impressed with your neat quilting.

Suztats said...

We don't have yellow-headed blackbirds here.....striking! Congrats on your quilt progress. (my stitching takes a back seat to gardening, too.....well, it will eventually when things warm up!)

Judy S. said...

Awesome quilting, Angela! That is going to be such a pretty treasure. Gardening is going to be on our agenda soon here as well. I've never seen that kind of black bird before, more proof how yellow "pops"!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

You are going to town on that quilt! What a wonderful heirloom it will be. I'm ready to get outside and dig. My hosta has come up which always cheers me. The Monday after EAster my daughter and I plan a trip to what is supposed to be a huge discount nursery. Of course, any savings will be offset by the cost of gas to get there probably but I've wanted to go out there for some time. I'll take pictures.