April 29, 2014

Angela ~ Pictures of the Quilt & Update

I made myself take pictures and do a proper post this week.
This is the back of the quilt and the circle indicates how much has been quilted, I figure roughly about half of this queen sized quilt.  I am very pleased with how it is looking and work on it a bit nearly every day.
(click to enlarge)
I found a lovely vintage hankie at a local thrift shop and have used that as my label on the back.  The writing really is straight, but with the quilt laid on the floor it looks a bit wonky.

The quilting is hard to see on the front in a photo because of all the colors and patterns and I wanted to show how much has actually been done so that's why you get the back photo this week.  I started in the middle as I am using a quilting hoop, and I am working out to the edges.

In case you are wondering I am now working on a compost bin for the garden and we are eating fresh romaine and radishes!

8 comments:

Cyra said...

Oh dear Angela! Someone has drawn a dirty great big circle in marker pen on the back of your quilt. I hope it comes off ok

;-)

lol

cq4fun said...

I LOVE the hankie and what you wrote on it. What a wonderful treasure.

Debra Spincic said...

I agree with Susan!

Suztats said...

I agree with Susan, too! Wonderful.

ladyhawthorne said...

You're so funny!

Judy S. said...

What a great idea for a label, Angela. Your quilting looks fabulous, too. Sounds like you're reaping the benefit of all your hours in the garden. Nothing here though except spring flowers!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Slow and steady wins the race! Keep up the good work.

Barbara C said...

You're making fast work of such a big quilt. Nice label, this piece is full of memories.