March 11, 2014

Suz- Marching Along

Not a whole lot of stitching to show this week, as some has to remain secret for now..........



wrapping cloth piece #11 has been tacked, and I've made a beginning on titivating the fabric knot.....


with layers of buttonhole lace on the front and top


and on the back.....
2 shots of some of the pieces put side by side in random order
 it's about half the size I hope it will become.......making slow progress.....








I've been working on 1 of the March HEX LABS from StitchMAP, and having fun stitching this pattern for a wattle.
A few more feather stitches, and it'll be time for the flowers

let's get that wrinkle out of there
That's better.......



















I think Spring might be trying to visit for the day.......it's gotten to 6C today with lots of sunshine! WooHoo!  I spied this pair out on the patio trying to soak up a few rays:
 They saw me peeking out the garage door window at them
Even though we still have lots of snow, this one corner of the patio gets the sunshine, and the snow melts quickly on sunny days



More snow in the forecast tomorrow........don't they know it's supposed to be spring?

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Look how fabulous your wrapping cloth is laid out there for us to see! Maybe another year of stitching, eh?

Pretty leaves too! Such a fresh green.

ladyhawthorne said...

We have a lot of doves here and I just love to hear them cooing.
Very nice work on the leaves of the hexagon!

Cyra said...

I had an encounter with a similar dove yesterday. It was on the lawn by the deck, and within 2metres of it was a song thrush and a bald-headed blackbird. I thought it was strange to see three different species in a smallish area.
Thank you for showing all your wrapping cloths together. Lovely job.
Nice greenery on the hex. How did you manage to get that wrinkle out?

cq4fun said...

Oh, how I love that green wattle! Your stitching is amazing and your leaves look SO much better than mine. What kind of thread is that - think it's skinnier than the one I was using yesterday. Spring IS on the way. I saw several redbuds just starting to bloom today, and two trees that were pink something.

Suztats said...

Well, I hope it doesn't take that long for me to finish the wrapping cloth....but it might.....lol...not a problem since I love working on it.

Suztats said...

Thanks Lady H! We haven't seen many doves this winter, and certainly not sunbathing! Maybe.....

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy. The wrinkle was just because I had been stitching the fly stitch, the fabric loosening as I worked, and I forgot to tighten the fabric before I took a photo.....just me being silly.......sorry.

Suztats said...

I just used a DMC variegated embroidery floss. I could get the number for you if you like. Thanks. Nothing budding here yet.......but I have hope..... ;-)

Judy S. said...

Love the splashes of color on you wrapping cloth. It's beautiful! Pretty leaves, too; are you making your hexie of linen? The second photo kind of looks like it might be. The flowering plums and daffodils are making an appearance here, and their cheery colors are so welcome. The sun came out today, too. Hurrah!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I really am caught up in your splashes of red on the wrapping cloth, just the perfect amount as you go around to the different pieces. As mentioned before, your stitching is just superb, that leaf has me drooling. Keep it up girlfriend!

Suztats said...

Oh, I can't wait for the snow to go away, and some flowers to bloom! My HEX is just on a piece of cotton and probably broadcloth or muslin. The second picture looks a bit different because, when I scan a stitched piece in a hoop, I have to add something white behind it, or else the hooped portion appears darker and a bit grey. On the first scan I just used some printer paper over top of the hoop back, and on the second, I stuffed the hoop back with a piece of faux sheepskin I had laying on the table.......

Suztats said...

Thanks so much, Fitzy!

Barbara C said...

Gorgeous stitching on your leaf embroidery. It is nice to see all those blocks for your wrapping cloth together: You've accomplished so much on it.

Suztats said...

Thanks Barbara. Sometimes it seems not much work has happened on the wrapping cloth in a whole year.......but looking closer I see all the hand stitching, and since I love working on it, well, another year or so doesn't seem so long.....lol