March 18, 2014

Suz--- March Middlings or is that Muddlings?

Here's my completed Wattle HEX from StitchMAP. I chose to stitch an Acacia Purpureapetala which has purple flowers, instead of the usual cream- yellow flowers of the wattle.
This was fun!



Then, a Fun Friday Tute was announced at StitchMAP with a challenge to create a wrist band bracelet following some of Blogland's tutorials. Here's my first one completed with beads, lace, french knots, a pretty button, and a button wrap I stitched with blanket stitches across two threads of #5 perle cotton.
I have three more in the line-up. I think this design could be altered to be a pretty, functional, credit or debit card carrier, perfect for shopping trips when you don't want the bulk of a purse on your arm or shoulder. Just slip the card in and out of the bracelet.

And then, I got a little carried away........



I made another, and pinned  3 more for stitching......

and I thought I had better wrap it all up and get back to my CQJP tree skirt and my wrapping cloth............



but this distraction continued........

with another 3, the first one with a beaded dangle just begun,





the second with ribbon and lace flowers,






the third with a bit of lace....hmmmnn, I wonder what else?





then this one
and a smaller one for a young person........

and then I told myself I had to stop!

I needed to get back to my tree skirt and my wrapping cloth piece #11. I was quite stern with myself, and when I sat down to create that Sunday evening, I slapped my wrist and put away the bracelets.
"You have to tat snowflakes," I told myself. And so I did.


1 lonely little snowflake about the size of a nickel.........

well, that's not going to cover much of the tree skirt, is it?

Now, March is almost over, and I haven't made much progress on my CQJP. I've been distracted.
But, now I have to get back to it.......that is if I can keep away from those fabric bracelets!

I hope you've had some fun stitching time this week.
Hugs from Suz

 

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

If one is good, 15 is better! I understand that logic completely!

Your Acacia Purpureapetala is beautiful. One of your prettier embroideries.

cq4fun said...

I laughed at your story about the bracelets. Sometimes you just have to go with what you feel like doing! One snowflake isn't a blizzard, but it's a start. Love your beady little flower bunches on the wattle leaves. That's really a pretty motif.

ladyhawthorne said...

I won't even try to pronounce Acacia Purpureapetala, I copy & pasted to spell it, but it is gorgeous!

Looks like you and your crafty muse had fun with bracelets, that's how it goes sometimes.

Judy S. said...

Looks like you had a fun and productive week! Lovely colors on the leaves of your Acacia; what was the thread? Sometimes you just gotta go with the spirit, wherever it takes you and hope for the best. Those bracelets are very cute! Nice snowflake, too, one that won't even melt!

Barbara C said...

Those bracelets look like the perfect distraction and a great way to use up small bits of loveliness. The wattle came out beautifully.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Acacia Purpureapetala? Who knew! Of course I had to cut and paste, I don't stand a chance at spelling it. But now I know what it looks like, because you knocked it out of the park! You have my attention with the wrist cuffs, very cute!

Suztats said...

Thanks everyone! Judy, the thread is a variegated J&P #214 floss, and I added in a dark green with DMC #890 floss.
The bracelets will be finished in the next couple of weeks for the local Embroidery Guild table at an upcoming Fiber Arts Show and Sale. I'm saving my pennies for the vendors!

Moira said...

The wattle is beautiful! The beads were perfect for the flowers.

Cyra said...

That flower stitchery is just beautiful. Perfect use of the beads to depict the floral element. Great work. I can always be sure of a smile and eye candy on your posts Suz. Love the cuffs.