March 4, 2014

Susan: Seams & More

Still January, still not finished. One long seam and one small area to go. Here's what I couldn't post last week, plus what I did this week.

Here's the fixed corner. First, it bothered me that I stitched something pretty that was just covered up. Then I discovered I had the linen hanky on wrong side-up, after having already fixed the first issue. So today, I fixed it again, and here we are. Much better.


Next to that, I started this last week, but didn't get very far. Now it's finished.


Last week: This is the way I stitched it, but it's one of those seams that's upside down to the orientation of the block.


This week: This is two things from Carole Samples' book. The larger part is from a block drawing on page 141. Does anyone know if squiggly lines mean anything in particular? The smaller part is from a drawing in the Combined-Stitch designs, right hand side, bottom row, middle of page 159.


Yeah, so it's March and I'm really, REALLY behind now.

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Whether you are behind or not doesn't really matter as long as you are enjoying what you are doing. I enjoy seeing your handwork!

Suztats said...

But the wonderful stitching, and being happy with the results, is worth it! I'm behind, too. The hanky piece looks very nice, and I really like your meandering lines and flowers in photo #2. Love the bottom sprays-- lots of movement in this. And your threads are so pretty.

Judy S. said...

Glad you fixed the hankie! As always, I love your seams. The last looks like little butterflies among the flowers. BTW, behind doesn't matter! We have this tile on the wall that says, "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get." What does matter is whether you enjoy the process, right?

Moira said...

I love the flower in Pic #2, and the floral border in the last pic.

And like the others have said - don't stress about the day, just enjoy the process

Cyra said...

Beautiful stitchings this week Susan. Love the 'upside-down' seam combo with the square buttons/beads.
I cant believe its March already. Didn't we just have Christmas a fortnight ago?

ladyhawthorne said...

Lovely! I really like that border with the square button things.

Barbara C said...

I also love your stitchings. The flower stems in photo 2 have so much movement.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Behindness is a state of mind. You do lovely work, it'll get done when it's ready!! The hankie is just beautiful, and stitching to die for. Those square buttons are just perfect, I keep seeing doors holding hands, lol...

cq4fun said...

Thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments. I wouldn't worry about the time except that this IS the CQJP. =) I'm going to finish this one and hope to start February this week, too. That's Suz's mom! Oh, those "buttons" are square opalesque sequins from Cartwrights! I love them, and have them in many colors. The nice thing about sequins from there is ... they are still cheap! And they come in many shapes and sizes, too. Have to sew them down with beads through the center, though, because French knots won't hold them. Guess how I know?