March 11, 2014

Susan: January Reveal

Ha, ha, ha, yes. January. You will be happy, Judy. The whole block is here! But first, a word from our sponsors, Seam 57 and Embellishment 22. I'm sorry the pictures are so poor. I evidentally didn't set something right, so I'll try again tomorrow - when it's supposed to be sunny and 73, before plunging back into rain and the high 40s.

Seam 57: SRE scrunched lavender flowers; chain stitch flowers in yellow; various leaves and two purple blues for French knots

Embellishment 22: Small feather-stitched circle, embellished. Mostly Sassa Lynne threads, some Cosmo 1 strand embroidery thread. Yes, there should be another green leaf on the right, but if I stitched it, it would be in block seam.


I still have not come upon what I want either on the linen corner or the beige lace corner. When I do, I'll go back and add it, but for now, the block is finished. If I get a better picture in the sunshine Tuesday afternoon, I will come edit and substitute.

13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I really like the floral spray. I hope you will stitch more of those in future blocks.

cq4fun said...

I don't do SRE on every block, because it's so time consuming, but I do on some.

Renata's arts and crafts said...

wow ... this is so delicate ....love the colors too

Moira said...

Beautiful!

ladyhawthorne said...

Debra, better add SRE to our acronym list, took me several minutes to figure it out, but maybe I am just dense today.

ladyhawthorne said...

The block is beautiful!

Cyra said...

OMG how beautiful is seam 57. So gorgeous and appealing. Really goes well with the whole block, which is also gorgeous btw.

cq4fun said...

And I've uploaded improved pictures from the sunshine today! You'll have to enlarge Seam 57, because that IS the large size, according to Blogspot.

Suztats said...

Seam 57 is fabuloso! I love it. The whole block is beautiful.

Debra Spincic said...

done!

Judy S. said...

Wonderful stitching, Susan, and thanks for the whole-block photo. I really love seeing how everything fits together. Your auntie would definitely approve of this block! It's great!!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

WOW! You're knocking my socks off. I just want to sit next to for awhile, k? I love your Aunt's block, it's really coming along. Maybe some bouillons above the lace onto the hankie? Maybe some beads with just a bit of color? Whatever you decide...it's just going to be awesome!

Barbara C said...

Lovely delicate work. The whole block is so well balanced.