March 18, 2014

Susan: CQJP2014 February

And the new block is started! Just barely. First I did this embellishment on the lace to the left of the picture of Suztat's mom. I don't know if these will click to enlarge or not. I did tell it large, so we'll see.


Sadly, it didn't turn out exactly as I planned. The lace didn't cooperate the way I hoped it would. I'll have to try the butterflies on a regular seam in another block sometime. It isn't bad, just not what I thought it would be.

Then I started this embellishment, inspired by the pink flowering trees down the street from me. There will be many pink French knots, hopefully next week!


This is on top of the linen hanky corner.

I need a week-long retreat with all my stitching stuff, and no phone or computer, and a river flowing by somewhere and temps of about 78 and low humidity - in short, I need a week in paradise.

10 comments:

Judy S. said...

A retreat sounds very good to me, too. Looks like you have a great start here though.

Suztats said...

I'd like a week in paradise, too! It would be really nice to get away from the cold and snow. Tomorrow's forecast: snow, then rain, freezing rain all in the morning. Looks like I'm going to miss another EG meeting...sigh.
I'll look forward to all your pink FK's!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Hey I'll come too! Lovely stitching!

Debra Spincic said...

I won't tell you it is 75ยบ here today. Why add insult to injury?

ladyhawthorne said...

It's 83 here today with a lovely breeze, well the wind is always blowing but not gale force today. It's pretty much always low humidity and there is a creek nearby, come on down to TX!

cq4fun said...

Texas is my eventual destination. Somewhere between Uvalde and San Antone, or around Abilene, are the most likely spots. Today was 60, but cloudy.

Debra Spincic said...

Angela is around Abilene. I'm around Houston.

Barbara C said...

A retreat sounds lovely. I think your butterflies are nice, but they would show up better with a solid thread.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The tree is going to be AWESOME...just sayin'! Can't wait to see its development.

Cyra said...

A paradise retreat is where I was last week. Would have been great if you joined me there. No phone or internet, a river close by & mountain views too. I got a nice lot of stitching done in the shade of the old totara trees. Peace and tranquility it most certainly was.
Looking forward to seeing your stitched tree blossoming with FK's.