March 25, 2014

Moira - Running late today.....

My apologies to everyone for running late with my post.    This week has been crazy for me because I've been trying to get ready to head to a conference for school.    An article I wrote back in grad school was given an award and I was told I needed to be at the international conference for technology educators to accept the award for the top peer-reviewed article for the past year.....hard decision to go - warm, sunny Florida versus cold Indiana....lol.    Decision was helped by the fact that the school district is paying the majority of the costs for the trip.  =)

This week I did get some sewing done.   Got the patriotic quilt top sewn together and am thinking about what to for the border.   The picture below shows one possibility that I'm thinking about.   I do want to finish this (the top at any rate) in a couple of weeks at the retreat I'm going to.


Next up, I prepped the last 4 blocks for a BOM that I've had started since 2006.   These will be buttonhole stitched in black thread and are fused onto the background.  Blocks are 15" square.   These will be one of the things I work on at my retreat in a couple of weeks.   I'm planning on getting the blocks together and hopefully also finishing the full width header for this quilt while there as well.



Not shown are the red scrappy strip sets that I made in preparation for the retreat.   Those will be made into 8" finished half-square triangle blocks and put into an American Hero quilt.

15 comments:

cq4fun said...

Looks like you are set for the retreat, anyway. Wish I were able to go, too! Have a warm time in Florida.

ladyhawthorne said...

I like the border choice. Love the pumpkins, that will be a fun piece!

Suztats said...

I think the border choice looks great! The pumpkins are fun. I envy your retreat and all the fun stitching time you'll have!

Debra Spincic said...

Have you tried the bright blue for a border fabric?

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on your award! It's good that you're able to make the trip to accept it.

Judy S. said...

Congrats on your award! Your projects are stellar also. Have a wonderful time in Florida, and soak up some sunshine for the rest of us please.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Yes, congrats on your award. For being short on time, you sure got lots done! Have fun on your trip.

Moira said...

haven't tried a bright blue, but will when i get back home from Florida.

Moira said...

I'll do that Judy! I'm looking forward to the sunshine after all the grey days lately. And the warmth as well.

Moira said...

THanks!

Moira said...

Thanks Barbara!

Moira said...

I like the pumpkins as well. Started thsi with two friends (Susan N is one of them) and it will be finished in memory of one who is now gone.

Moira said...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the retreat.........and all the time to sew and fun with friends.

Moira said...

Getting there anyway! I wish you were ablet o go with me to the retreat as well. I know you'd enjoy it,

Cyra said...

Wonderful blocks on your Patriotic quilt. A great setting too, and I really like the triangle block fillers around the edges.
Congratulations on your award. It's good to be recognised for work we have done.