March 4, 2014

Moira - Ready to Assemble

I've managed to more sewing this past week than I thought I had.   Not only did I finish the last thing from Christmas last year (a skirt) and just need to get all of my gifts in the mail, but I've also finished off the remaining blocks for the American Hero's quilt that has been in process.  

All that is left is to cut the strips for sashing and to put it together.  =)   However, that may have to wait because I need to get a new purse made for myself before I head to Florida for a conference the end of this month.

13 comments:

Suztats said...

This will be absolutely fabulous, Moira! Well done on your finishings.

Judy S. said...

This is beautiful! I love the way the fans look, and the way they draw your eye around the whole thing.

cq4fun said...

That's so gorgeous. I really like the design element with the fans in the border blocks. You will have to use that next time you're doing a submission for 100 quilts. =)

Debra Spincic said...

Is this the final arrangement of the interior blocks?

Cyra said...

Moira, this is going to be a fabulous quilt when finished. Great colours and design.
Have you made a fabric choice yet for the sashing?

Moira said...

The only thing I know for sure is that the first inner border will be out of the same cream-on-cream that I use for the sashing strips. I've got enough of the red floral fabric used as the focus print to make the outer border, but don't know if that is what I want there.

Moira said...

Thanks Judy!

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

Started to say yes it was, but after looking at the picture there are a couple that i'm going to shuffle around.

Debra Spincic said...

Good!

ladyhawthorne said...

This is going to make a gorgeous quilt no matter how you shuffle the blocks. Hope we get a picture of the new purse!

Barbara C said...

Beautiful work. This one will be a striking finished quilt.

QuiltingFitzy said...

My favorite block is the twirling star in the lower left corner. That one really took some work! Will be such a beautiful finish. What purse pattern will you use? I so need a new purse!