For as little time to sew as I had this past week, I was able to make a lot of progress on a couple of projects. I was able to finish the new purse for my trip to Florida next week - 10 days early.....woohoo. Can you tell that doesn't happen too early. Pattern was fairly well written up until the very last step when the top zipper panel was supposed to be put into the purse...........And then it all went south. I ended up doing the best that I could and it looks ok...not great, but ok. If I make this purse again I'll definitely do it differently.
Once the purse was done I started working on the setting blocks and border blocks for the BOM that I have going on my blog. As of this morning I have 2 of 3 sets (8 blocks out of 12) of the setting blocks completed and have all of the setting blocks for the borders completed. Next up will be finishing the remaining set of setting blocks (reverse color layout for red & blue of the ones in the picture on the right), and starting the sashing strips.
Next big project for me to work on will be the challenge art quilt. Inspiration has finally struck after looking on pinterest for block possibilities. My initial layout for the quilt looks is shown at the right. I've selected block patterns for three of the large areas, and am working on ideas for the smaller areas. Am planning on putting words into the design as well. haven't decided though how I'm going to do that....possibilities include applique and redwork.