March 18, 2014

Moira - Purse finished and other progress

For as little time to sew as I had this past week, I was able to make a lot of progress on a couple of projects.   I was able to finish the new purse for my trip to Florida next week - 10 days early.....woohoo.   Can you tell that doesn't happen too early.   Pattern was fairly well written up until the very last step when the top zipper panel was supposed to be put into the purse...........And then it all went south.   I ended up doing the best that I could and it looks ok...not great, but ok.   If I make this purse again I'll definitely do it differently.





Once the purse was done I started working on the setting blocks and border blocks for the BOM that I have going on my blog.   As of this morning I have 2 of 3 sets (8 blocks out of 12) of the setting blocks completed and have all of the setting blocks for the borders completed.   Next up will be finishing the remaining set of setting blocks (reverse color layout for red & blue of the ones in the picture on the right), and starting the sashing strips.



Next big project for me to work on will be the challenge art quilt.   Inspiration has finally struck after looking on pinterest for block possibilities.   My initial layout for the quilt looks is shown at the right.    I've selected block patterns for three of the large areas, and am working on ideas for the smaller areas.   Am planning on putting words into the design as well.   haven't decided though how I'm going to do that....possibilities include applique and redwork.

15 comments:

Suztats said...

The purse looks great, and congrats on its early finish! I like your quilt layout.

cq4fun said...

For having so little time this week, you certainly accomplished a lot! I'm going to love watching the challenge come along.

Debra Spincic said...

Your purse looks great!

ladyhawthorne said...

Geez I wish I could accomplish that much in a week! The new layout looks intriguing, I will be interested to see what you come up with.

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the purse; I'll bet it'll come in handy on your trip! Love the colors for your new quilt and can't wait to see whether you keep to the plan or not....

Barbara C said...

Great looking purse. You got an impressive amount to sewing done.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love watching the process, from the ground up. Will be definitely watching closely. Only you know the struggles with the purse, it looks great!

Moira said...

Thanks! I like how it turned out, even it it isn't perfect. =)

Moira said...

lol, still trying to get things caught up after not being able to sew last school year. =) Challenge is evolving in my mind since I can only find three "themed blocks" to use.....

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

Thankfully only the final upper edge was what was a pill to work on. =) Definitely gonna think about how to redo it tho before making another one.

Moira said...

thanks!

Moira said...

Accomplishments go in spurts....lol.

Moira said...

Thanks!

Cyra said...

Congrats on completion of the bag, and well done for working through the problem top edge.
BOM blocks are coming along nicely. I must pop over to your blog to see the others etc.
Tea towel quilt is taking form now. I shall follow its progress with interest.