March 11, 2014

Moira - Progress on purse

Since I leave for the conference in Florida in 2 weeks, I decided I'd better get started on the new purse that I really need to make (my current one is about 5 yrs old and is becoming shredded in places).     The main body of the purse is a heavy weight bull denim.   Contrast pockets and lining are bottomweight twills.   Alll fabrics are from Joann's.   Lots of pockets on this critter, including two with inset zippers and two with magnetic snaps.   Outside of the purse is together as of this morning.   I just need to sew the lining together, add the zipper to the top and finally add the binding around the top edge of the purse.   Not my favorite type of sewing, but the end is in sight!   Next up to work on will be the tea towel quilt because I'm late in starting to work on it.   Thankfully I'm not the only that is late!


13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

What a snappy purse! So Modern and Chic!

cq4fun said...

That is so bright and cheerful! The one nice thing about making your own is that you know how many pockets you need! The icky thing is doing the zippers and binding. LOL

Moira said...

And all the colors that I love!

Moira said...

And you know I love lots of pockets on my purses. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

Super! Gotta have lots of pockets in a purse. Great fabric choice too!

Cyra said...

Love your Fabulous fabric choice. You wont lose that purse in a hurry. I try to recycle ready made bags from the op shop. That way I don't have to stitch the lining in, a job that I don't like doing either.

Suztats said...

This is so spring! Nice and bright and shiny, and I bet it's just the right size!

Judy S. said...

Nice purse! I'll bet you don't regret one single pocket. Sure is great fabric! As for the tea towel, I found one and put it somewhere......... So you've got good company.

QuiltingFitzy said...

The bag is nice, I love pockets too! My current purse is disgusting, I so need to make a new one. Of course, I HAVE all the fabrics, lol. EEk out just a few moments for your tea towel...you'll be glad tomorrow. 8^)

Barbara C said...

Great looking bag. I love your focus fabric, and the idea of getting exactly the kind and number of pockets you want. When shopping for a bag, one always has to compromise on features like those.

Moira said...

I've come up with a rough idea for the tea towel - so more progress than I'd had before. lol

Moira said...

Nope, I don't regret the number of pockets! Can never have too many. I'm thankful I know where my tea towel is...and the fabrics for it. The hard part has been the design. It just has not wanted to gel in my mind.

Moira said...

Thanks! And yes it is just the right size, well for the most part. =)