March 11, 2014

Judy ~ Birds and Lace

Block 6 with Baby Bird is done, block 7 with its Mama is just barely started.


Several knitting projects are finally finished and are on my blog.  The Downton Abbey shawl is blocked but isn't dry yet, and if it doesn't quit raining here may grow moss before it ever does!



Rather than tackle any UFOs, I started another shawl with an interesting method of construction. The lace edging is made first and then the 271 stitches added to the top edge.  That's way less stitches than the 400+++ on the last shawl, thank goodness.  Our quilt group is making another project together with appliques on it, and  I'm determined to do mine on the machine since it's going to be donated to a child.  They need sturdy stuff!  Off to stitch a bit on Mama B.  Have a great week!

13 comments:

cq4fun said...

What a pretty pattern that lace is! You are one multi-talented lady. Looking forward to seeing the bird block.

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the knitted lace! I want to try a shawl, maybe next fall, it was already 93 here today!

Debra Spincic said...

Show me the appliques--maybe they could be sewn on the embroidery machine.

Suztats said...

Very pretty lace! I'm planning to make a shawl one of these days, can't imagine 400+++ stitches! Maybe I'll do a scarf, instead...lol. Looking forward to seeing Mama Bird. It got up to a balmy 6C here today.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Your lace is talkin' to me, tell it to STOP! I'd love to make my own lace for my work, lol. It's really pretty, and the shawl is going to rock! Always love your stitching~

Barbara C said...

It's hard not to start one more shawl, isn't it? I seem to be on a sweater jag myself, as I"m swatching for another one (or two).

Judy S. said...

I'm so much better at starting than finishing! Although the shawl is done and dry. Hurrah.

Judy S. said...

Thanks. It's a nice pattern called Tulip Shawlette. We'll see how it goes.

Judy S. said...

Interesting thought. I hope to use the blind stitch on my machine. I'm afraid my group would have a fit if I embroidered them as they are really into applique. The lady who instigated the project is 90 and an applique queen!

Judy S. said...

Wow, it's barely 51 here. And our poor Chicago DD is in for another storm storm.....

Judy S. said...

I'll try, but my stuff seems to have minds of their own?

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Susan. I hope I can sash those Veranda Views without any disasters.

Cyra said...

Good work on finishing the shawl. Lovely lace edging on the new one.
How many Veranda Views are in the set? Do you have them all.