March 4, 2014

Fitzy - Squirrel!

And she's off! Here's my second block. I'm very excited to begin, it's fun to get to start one, each all brand-spanking new. Any thoughts?

I need to switch up my activities, to reduce the repetitive motion pain. Do any of you suffer this malady? This time I've switched to crocheting a baby afghan in a beautiful lemony-yellow, and pattern from Pinterest. No "reason" for the afghan, I just wanted to have one "done" and just awaiting it's gifting. My girl's friends are all having babies, it will find it's rightful owner soon enough. I hope to show you next week.

My husband and I finished a 5K at Davis Monthan Air Force Boneyard, here in Tucson, on Saturday. What a fun experience to run among all the moth-balled airplanes...too cool.

12 comments:

Suztats said...

This is a very nice start! I love the colours. Suddenly I have an urge for butterscotch!

ladyhawthorne said...

This is a lovely block, the passport is great! I have carpal tunnel from too much repetitive motion when I used to be a picture framer and mat cutter so I know what you mean. I usually have several projects in the works and I can't sew anything in the mornings, my fingers go numb.

Barbara C said...

I love the center patch in your block. What a great idea. I agree with Angela about having a variety of projects going that use different muscles. It's also good to take lots of breaks, every half hour or so.

Cyra said...

Thoughts for the block huh! ... loads more stitching hahaha, just like you did on the last one.
Barbara's advice about managing the pain is good. Take regular breaks, get up and move around, put the kettle on, go for a stroll in the garden etc.

Debra Spincic said...

Nice use of the little doily tidbit.

Judy S. said...

Another great block! I love the passport silkie or whatever it is and your stitching so far. Take care of that hand!

QuiltingFitzy said...

(It's a quilters cotton fq I recently purchased at a quilt show. I love "stuff" with writing on it!)

QuiltingFitzy said...

Yes ma'am, I'll get right on that! My "day job" is with the government. I sit and work at a double-monitored computer...these hands get quite the workout.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I have a hard time getting good color representation on my photos. The fabric on the lower left corner is salmon, and the one at center left is pastel salmon! We rarely have a cloudy day...the sun is just so white-bright!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love it too!! Thank you again!

cq4fun said...

Congratulations on doing the 5K. That has long been an interesting place to me. We used to go to the commissary a couple of times a month, and drive by it. Somewhere in there, I think there is some kind of memorial for George "Bud" Day, too, the only POW to escape, though he was re-captured after a week. I love your new block! The stitching you did on that corner is just perfect.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Unfortunately(?) the embroidered piece was a tidbit from Debra. It called from my stash and said, "ME, ME, ME!!" It's lovely. I'd love to be able to make my own someday!