March 11, 2014

Fitzy = "The Rule Follower"

I promised pictures, and I shouldn't have! lol After trying "the big camera", my point-n-shoot and my hub's point-n-shoot, I had to resort to hub's ipod. Everything I picked up had dead batteries! The photos are beyond horrible, but rather than post none...
This is the baby afghan begun last week. Don't let the color here fool you, the yarn is the color of butter and really is nice to work with. A lucky find at Michael's, as I usually don't find much quality there. It's a simple single crochet, with a chain stitch to follow. The return row, you work in the chain stitch, making a lovely pattern. I had twice as much completed, but tore back to rid the project of 2 mistakes. Just can't live with them!
In Arizona, we don't observe daylight savings time. While the sunny hours are limited, it makes it hard to catch a photo after work. It is what it is I guess. I despised DST and the 2 weeks it would take for my body to give up the old schedule! My dandelion gone to seed was inspired by "Jo from NZ", a photo I found on Flicker. It was fun to do...but wow, my hands said "One and done!"

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

A gorgeous dandelion and well worth the effort!

I hate the time change but like DST for the longer daylight in the evenings as I'm a night person.

The afghan looks to be soft and cuddly. I had to wait for my camera battery to recharge so I am posting late today.

Debra Spincic said...

Your dandelion is really great. It works so well with the lace on the doily.

Suztats said...

I love your dandelion! It's a nice size for your block. The baby afghan looks cuddly soft.

Judy S. said...

That afghan looks very cuddly! (I'm with you; mistakes just continue to bug me till I fix 'em.) Love that dandelion, too. It's just perfect.

Barbara C said...

Great looking dandelion. And you crocheted blanket looks lovely too.

Cyra said...

Hah Fitzy, a coincidence that tje crochet stitch you have used is the same one I have just used on a piece for my Winter Warmer project. Yours is looking like a lovely baby blanket.

Love your dandelion. I have come across Jo of NZ. before and like her work. She lives down country from me.

Moira said...

Love the dandelion you stitched! I gotta remember that because I'd love to use it on some of my stuff.....one piece in particular.