March 11, 2014

Debra: Fell off the UFO Wagon

It's been difficult for me to spend the weekends working on my UFOs which was my New Year's Resolution.  I seem to have lost interest in most of them; for the 2nd time.  The work I am doing right now exploring colors with 9 patches is more interesting.  One finished 9 patch quilt tumbles into the next one.  Seeing fabrics used entirely, fabrics that I've had in my stash for many years, is exhilarating.  I find myself stopping by the new dining room studio space and cutting more squares or bundling squares into combinations.  I guess I'll continue on this course until I lose interest in it.



My sewing group and I have a 35 quilt goal for the fire department.  Right now we have 14 finished.  It's great momentum for a group who started sewing these quilts in January.

11 comments:

desertskyquilts said...

I wonder what your next quilt charity will be, once the firemen are all covered! The UFOs will still be there. That's the nature of UFOs. =)

Debra Spincic said...

I am a little ticked because in the spirit of trying to finish some UFOs, I created 2 more that now are purposeless.

Moira said...

New projects are good too! They keep a person from getting bored. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

Their time will come.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'll second Moira!

Cyra said...

Continue the road you are following until you reach a stopping point, be it a bump in the road, or a road that deviates from the original path, or simply the end of the road. Embrace what you find good today, for tomorrow is another day <3

Suztats said...

You are creating, and doing so for others. Why beat yourself up because something new and interesting came along? Follow the road and see where it leads.......you never know what new paths may branch off here and there, but the exploration should be an adventure, I think. See what awaits.
Getting down off my soapbox......... ;-)

Judy S. said...

Knowing you, you'll climb back on that wagon one of these days, so enjoy the adventure! All the charities in your town must love you!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Your group project is coming along nicely. Wish I lived closer, I'd love to have a group together to sew!

Barbara C said...

There's usually a good reason why those pesky UFOs get abandoned in the first place. It's more important to keep working with something you love. Enjoy the inspiration.

Debra Spincic said...

Bottomline on the remaining UFOs--they all require handwork. I'm not in a handwork mood right now.