March 25, 2014

Barbara's Wheel of Fortune (63 x 63)


What a relief to finally finish sewing this top.  The poor thing has been on my design wall in pieces for so long that some of the fabrics are starting to fade.  It needed a quick finish, and Spring break came just in time.

It's pressed and ready for quilting, which Debra (thanks Debra!) has volunteered to do.


I found this great flannel on clearance at JoAnn's for the backing.  I hadn't looked in awhile, so I was shocked to see that their quilter's fabrics are now $15.00 a yard.  Wowza.


I'm now turning my attention to these hand appliqued blocks that have been taking up space for a few years.  I've got a drawer full of 30s reproduction fabrics to go with them, and I think I've settled on a non-traditional setting design.  Another UFO may bite the dust.

10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Wheel of Fortune is such a lively quilt. I hope I can quilt it to reflect the joy!

Suztats said...

Wow! Pow! Wheel of Fortune is so colourful, and makes me smile every time I look at the photo.
That's a cute bevy of butterflies--- I shall happily watch them come to life and take flight. You're the UFO Bustin' Queen.

ladyhawthorne said...

Love all the colors in that Wheel of Fortune. The backing choice looks great too. I had no idea that quilting fabrics had gone up so much, yikes!

cq4fun said...

That wheel of fortune is an eye catcher, definitely! It's very summery to me. I like the butterflies and look forward to seeing what you are going to do with them.

Judy S. said...

Wow, two fun quilts! That's a perfect fabric for the backing of the WOF quilt. Love the way you've arranged the butterflies; they carry your eye right around their flight path.

Barbara C said...

I know you'll do a great job, plus it will finally be done.

Barbara C said...

I think the last time I checked, 10-12 dollars was the high end, and I did'n't think they could go higher.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I LOVE the backing you found! Very cute. Makings of an awesome finish, that Wheel top is awesome! The butterflies are beautiful, I'm envious of your accomplishments...so many UFOs and so little time.

Moira said...

Great finished quilt top. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the butterflies

Cyra said...

Your Wheel of Fortune surely is a happy quilt. Will definitely brighten up any room. Congrats on completing the top.

Love those butterflies, and so many gorgeous fabrics too. It will be a delightful quilt when finished. Are you going to use sashing or just joining the blocks?