March 18, 2014

Barbara's Mondo Zig Zag Blanket (58 x 64)


 When you get a really bad cold, bad enough to stay in bed for a few days, you'll have time to work on you big crochet blanket.


The cats will cheer you on and keep you company while you do another row between coughs.


When the cold turns into bronchitis, you'll have time to crochet three or four rounds around the edges.  The cat will be so impressed.


When all's said and done, you'll have a nice blanket to lay with on the couch while binge watching episodes of Lark Rise to Candleford on Netflix.   

The free pattern is the Easy Ripple Afghan, and the yarn is vintage acrylic donated to me by my aunt.  I'm hoping that along with the antibiotics, it's a recipe for a cure.

13 comments:

cq4fun said...

I don't know about a cure for the cold/bronchitis, but it's definitely got to be a cure for the blahs, because that red is so cheerful. Of course your cat loves it! Now, did I hear overtones of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie in there? The cadence caught me!

Debra Spincic said...

That acrylic yarn never had it so good! You are tempting me to start a ripple afghan. They look so good when you crochet them!
Sorry about the bronchitis. That really sounds horrible. Hope you are better now.

ladyhawthorne said...

I hope you are feeling better, the afghan is beautiful and so is the cat!

Judy S. said...

What a cheery blanket! I love the way the design looks 3-D. Hope "the cure" worked quickly and that you're back to feeling like yourself again. Love that kitty!

Barbara C said...

I didn't realize it at the time, but I think you're right, there is a bit of If You Give A Mouse a Cookie in there.

Barbara C said...

I'm three doeses on antibiotic in, and I think I may see this thing starting to wane.

Barbara C said...

Thanks Angela.

Barbara C said...

I think the random single rows of black addd dimension. Thanks for the good wishes.

QuiltingFitzy said...

La-la-la-la (sticking my fingers in my ears)...love the ripple afghan! I really like the final border.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Love this afghan! Great colors, thanks for sharing. I'm now following you.

Suztats said...

That afghan looks cheerful and cozy. Hope it's keeping you warm and cuddly as you recover. Get well soon!

Moira said...

Great colors. Love the stripes in it. =)

Cyra said...

Sounds like a good way to pass time in the sickbed. Love the afghan and the cat. Hope you are over it now and getting back to normal health again.