March 18, 2014

Angela ~ Finally Quilting!

Yes, I am finally quilting this thing!  I have one section this size done and am almost done with this section.

I opted to use white flannel instead of batting as this quilt is queen size and I was afraid it would be way too heavy.  It will also make it usable for nights that are not that cold.
This section had this wonderful sun face fabric and just called to be quilted to match.  I may find other squares that want some special attention as well, who knows.

I started in the middle and am working my way outward, mostly quilting in the evenings.  The days are warming up nicely, the high today was 91 and windy and I spent the day trimming trees and planting flower seeds as well as painting some wood pieces for another project- a gutter along the back porch.

One of my peach trees, check out the bee on the right coming in for a landing.
The forsythia has been blooming for several weeks.
And I have radishes, romaine, beets, tomatoes and carrots coming up, I'll be planting in the big raised beds soon, some like the radishes will stay in the big pots.



10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

The diagonal quilting is perfect for your quilt. It works well with the old fashioned feeling of the quilt.

Spring is finally showing up!

Barbara C said...

How exciting that your quilt is in the hoop. Quilting little motifs like the sun face will make for some nice surprises in the surface. Happy gardening!

QuiltingFitzy said...

You're rockin' and rollin' now! Will be fun to watch it develop!

Judy S. said...

I love how colorful your quilt is and wish I could see the quilting up close! Our forsythia is out too, but the yard is so squishy and wet, it's hard to walk around in it. Tons of moss, too. Happy stitching (and gardening). Your quilt is going to be wonderful!

Suztats said...

That's looking very nice with the added embroidery, Angela. Must feel very good to finally begin the quilting. Your garden looks so nice. I'm still waiting for spring to arrive, but I started a blend of sprouts anyway!

Moira said...

The quilting looks great. I love how you're adding special touches in it like you did the sun.

cq4fun said...

I'm so happy you are getting on so well with the quilting. I just love your specialty quilting on the sun face fabric. Your spring pictures are very encouraging. My forsythia is also blooming, but I have no peach trees, sadly!

cq4fun said...

P. S. I see that Rachel Wood Scarbrough ended life in Anderson Co., TN. That's right next door to me. I go to the Anderson Co. Prep Fair every year! It's maybe 12-15 miles.

ladyhawthorne said...

My Dad was born & raised in Clinton, TN in Anderson Co. If you know any May or Ridenour families they are probably related to us.

Cyra said...

Oh be still my beating heart. I am so excited to see this in the quilting hoop.