February 11, 2014

Suz- TIAS and HEX LABS


I put aside my tree skirt this week, although I wasted many hours trying to tat snowflakes for it, and tatted the TIAS instead. We're up to day 13.

Some people are guessing it's a sail boat, while others are sure it's a butterfly.

There are several more days of tatting to come........












 At StitchMAP, we've begun our monthly hexies, and I worked first on the silk ribbon monogram.
I had difficulty creating the french knot roses, and made an alternate open rose instead.
My silk ribbon frayed quite a bit, and although I didn't mind it so much on the flowers, I really didn't like that effect on the leaves.
I am pleased with the result of my embroidered monogram.

My design samples  have been accepted for the HEX LABS and I'll be spending some time writing up the projects' directions, but I hope next week to have made some progress on the tree skirt as well as my wrapping cloth.

Happy stitching!

Hugs from Suz


12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Your bottom example is very nice!

Moira said...

Pretty silk ribbon work! Both of the initials are nice.

cq4fun said...

Right now, it looks most like a cat. =) Your embroidery is beautiful. How exciting to have your samples accepted!

Cyra said...

Oh such beautiful stitching Suz. I do love your designs.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'm still going for a butterfly!
Love the monograms, especially the bottom one...my favorite color.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful stitching, Suz. I love the bullion flowers!

Suztats said...

Thanks Ladies! Cy, these aren't my designs. I wish I could take credit for them but they were designed by Kathy Shaw of Shawkl fame. My designs won't come out until July and September.

QuiltingFitzy said...

WOW! Look at you go! Especially love the monograms. I vote for butterfly!

Barbara C said...

Beautiful work, and so many projects!

Suztats said...

I know. Some days I feel snowed (ha ha) under, and other days I'm looking for that excitement of a new project! Can one have too many? lol

Suztats said...

Thanks Fitzy!

kathy r said...

T=Your work is wonderful. Can not wait to see your designs.