February 25, 2014

Suz--February Frazzle

It's been a busy week, but not much progress made on my tree skirt, except for a few more snowflakes tatted, and beaded ones. I'll wait until there's been more added before posting a photo.
I did get back to my wrapping cloth, and piece #10. It's a small piece and almost finished, with just 1 more seam to titivate. Maybe some more bullions........

or maybe more buttonhole lace.......

















So what was I doing all week? I was making this:

It's a flimsy for Debra!
My first ever making anything this size ( it's on a queen-sized bed above)
It's bright, and happy, and I love how it looks.  Along the way, there was sewing, lots of frogging, air turning blue, and some frustration, but it's finished. I almost ran out of some fabrics. whew.
And in true Suz style, one of the blocks is a little quirky. Someone might say I was tired and wasn't paying close enough attention. I say it's an artistic statement!
Can anyone tell I like green?
lol!
I'll be getting this out in the mail in the next day or 2. Looking forward to seeing what Debra does with this one.

Thanks for looking.
Hugs from Suz

13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I love the Improv Quilt top! Maybe I have some wild batik I can use for the backing. I will likely save it for a Family Promise quilt. Thanks so much!

cq4fun said...

Some progress is better than none! You are making enjoyable decisions, anyway. Green is my favorite color, too, so I love your top!

Suztats said...

I'm so glad you like it--makes it easier to work on something if it's pleasing to the eye. You are most welcome, Debra! It's a nice exchange for your embroidered snowflakes, and it feels good this is going to charity. :-) Thank you.

Suztats said...

Yes, I had fun working with the greens for sure. Well, when I wasn't cursing my mistakes...errrr... artistic license...lol

Cyra said...

Oh wow Suz. Love love love the green & black quilt, even with its quirkyness addition.

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy! It reads as if it's black, but the really dark strips are a deep forest green. Black would have been real sharp though.

ladyhawthorne said...

Nice work on the wrapping cloth. The quilt top is super!

Judy S. said...

Even little bits make for progress! Love the flimsy for Debra and it'll be fun to see what she does with it. Good job!

QuiltingFitzy said...

The green certainly pops! Can't help but see a ginger-haired freckled nose peeking out from under it! Good work. Will be watching for your lacy additions, not sure what a "wrapping cloth" is, but I'm sure I'll learn.

Suztats said...

Thanks Ladies!
Fitzy, my wrapping cloth will be a white cloth I have created from new and reclaimed fabrics, embroidered, joined, backed and used or displayed. It's a slow cloth. I began making it last spring when I took the last online EEC course with Karen Ruane, a contemporary embroiderer in England.
You can check out her blog : http://karenannruane.typepad.com/
read about her wrapping cloth : http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/2013/02/the-cloth-finished.html
or see her work on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sherryjmayfield/embroidery-karen-ruanes-work/

Debra Spincic said...

. . . . and when it is done, Suz is going to send it around to all of us to admire for awhile before she uses it. Am I right?

Suztats said...

No, no, no! Not putting it at the mercy of the postal system! Pictures will have to suffice. ( Not letting it out of my sight!) mwaahahahahah

Cyra said...

Ah yes, I can see the forest green now the sun is not glaring on my android screen. I was sunbathing on the deck yesterday while catching up on here ;)