February 18, 2014

Susan: Seams 53, 54, Embellishment 20

I'm excited about this week's work. Let's see how you feel.

Seam 53, seen on a block in Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches, Sassa Lynne threads:


Seam 54, using Carole Samples template, 32B; embellishers from p. 123, left side of page, 3rd row up from bottom (maybe 4th row, depends on how you look at it), but I opened up the chain stitches so they sort of look like tulips; tiny gold Delicas:


Seams 50, 53, 54 together:


Embellishment 20, pretty much made it up myself - used Sharon Boggon template for side curves, linen corner folded back:


Embellishment 20, linen corner in place:


Seams 53, 54, Embellishment 20 - love the way this looks!:


One more side seam, 3 across seams, and a corner, then this one is finished. Sorry, you can still see Frixion lines, haven't pressed the block yet. I think there will have to be a seam with silk ribbon roses. Aunt Bobbie loved roses. I dug holes for 200 bushes for her when I was a high school freshman.

10 comments:

Munir said...

Love that Linen corner.

Suztats said...

Oh, I do love that seam #54!! I think this is looking fabulous, and I love the seams you've used on this block, as well as the linen corner. The thread colours are perfect.
I can't imagine planting 200 rose bushes!

Moira said...

I love how this block is coming together! Love the corner flowers that you did. The silk roses will be a perfect tribute to your aunt and her rose garden.

Debra Spincic said...

Definitely wonderful work this week! Keep going!

ladyhawthorne said...

Seam 54 is my favorite! At least for this week, lol. The embellishment 20 is pretty special too.

Cyra said...

Yes, you have had a great week of stitching. The simplicity of seam 53 appeals to me most,

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Some of those just might find their way onto my R&W CQ. :-)

Judy S. said...

You had a great stitchy week, Susan. I love all of these seams. And as usual wish I could see the whole thing...... soon, eh?

cq4fun said...

Thanks so much for all your positive comments. It's always good to know that I'm not just loving it because I'm blind. =) Judy, I'll show the whole block again when it's done. =)

QuiltingFitzy said...

#54...BOOM! Love, love, love! (My mother used to regale us with her row of hedge bushes she planted one Mother's Day.) I'm watching your work VERY closely girlfriend! 8^)