February 11, 2014

Susan: Seam 51 & 52

Seam 51 was unfinished last week, but here it is now, beaded, and the way it lies under the corner piece.


Seam 52 has more color than many of the blocks have had. I've decided to mix in some with more color and some with less. This is a duplicate of Kathy Shaw's TSiTM #122, no stitching changes, which I almost never do. There are extra beads on mine, though, the greenish ones.


Both seams use many triangle beads. I love triangle beads, and have them in several colors, but not nearly enough! Here's how those three seams look together.


Slow progress, but at least moving forward. I hope I have more stitching time toward the end of this week. No Valentine's dinner to worry about, so I can stitch Friday night!

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Like sweet sprinkles on a cupcake. I admire your gentle touch.

Moira said...

Love how this one is coming together. Your aunt would be happy.

Cyra said...

Looking good Susan. Just a little bit of irregularity on the feather stitching on the left, helps to balance the formal 'zig-zag' treatment nicely. I like it.

ladyhawthorne said...

I really like the light & airy feel of the stitching and the beads just add the little something extra without being heavy. Great job!

Judy S. said...

Looks to me like she's trying to smile....I think she likes your stitching. So do I.

Suztats said...

This is coming along so nicely. The colours are soft and subtle and the beads add a nice bit of shimmer. Lovely stitching!

Barbara C said...

Your stitches are so delicate. They fill the space nicely without competing with the photo.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Your piece is coming along beautifully. I echo everyone here..very delicate. I'm having a hard time deciding how many seams should have beads...how many should have lace, etc., making me a nervous wreck! I'm your close study, I love, love your work!

cq4fun said...

Thanks to all of you for your very kind comments. This block is a real labor of love for me. Aunt Bobbie was a very self-contained person from being hurt so much in her life. She didn't smile often, but she DID have a great sense of humor, as well as a great sense of duty. When my mother died, she and her husband adopted my younger sister (4) and me (9). I loved her dearly, once we got over the head-butting. LOL She was not easy to be close to, but she was a person I have always admired and loved. You have all made me feel as if I'm heading in the right direction on this block. Mama's will be much easier to do when I get to it!