February 4, 2014

Moira - Progress on Assorted long-term projects

I did get work done on long-term projects this week, just not on the wedding quilt or any of the other long term projects that I need to be working on.   I needed a break from making the blocks for the wedding quilt so I played with the green strip sets that I'd made for the wedding quilt blocks.   I ended up with two quilt tops from them.   The Green star quilt finished at 72" square, and the green/purple quilt finished at 52" square.   Both designs are being considered for a book that Susan N. keeps telling me I need to write.

I also pulled out a set of 5 blocks from about 40 that I've had now for almost 8 months.  These were made by others in an online group that I'm in.   Every once in a while someone will post a challenge to the group for others to use some fabric that they've pulled.    In my case I challenge the group to make kid-friendly blocks from a bunch of halloween fabrics that I'd inherited yrs ago.   I don't do halloween so these had just sat mouldering in my stash for year.   The resulting quilts will be donated to Sunshine quilts for kids around the world.  The top I made yesterday finished at 42" square.




20 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

These are all just beautiful!
The star is especially bold but I really love the purple & green together.

cq4fun said...

I still like the star, and the others will be great - some child is going to love the pumpkins and sunflowers!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love them all, especially the top one.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I have the same problem. Every project that is NOT on the burner has a LOUDER voice! Love your cheerful flimsies, they'll make an awesome donation.

Suztats said...

Oh, wow! What a lot of work you've done this week! All the flimsies are nice, but I am especially drawn to the green and purple. Could it be that's because they're both favoured colours? Or is it the design, which I really like, too.
I love to start new projects: I'm just not as good finishing them! lol

Debra Spincic said...

What an excellent use of those green strip sets. Love it when an idea can be adapted so many ways.

Watch out for Susan. She's got me on her list for writing a book too!

Cyra said...

That is a great variation of the Railroad block. It's a great design element you have included with the placing of the purple blocks, and you've made it rather unique by using the strips.
Great star design too, and I can see lots of big areas to emphasize your quilting skills.
Nice of you to donate fabric for the quilt group challenge, and to make donations of the quilts made to Sunshine kids. What a lovely cause.

Moira said...

I'm managing to write patterns for the BOM I'm putting up this year, but haven't managed to work time in for a book yet.....lol. She keeps nagging me tho to do it.

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

Thanks. =)

Moira said...

They get down right insistent don't they?

Moira said...

Thanks!

Moira said...

What, I'm supposed to finish projects? Lol, you should see my stacks of flimsies and blocks that need to be finished up. However I don't have any room to store more finished quilts until I sell some.....sigh.

Moira said...

=)

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Debra Spincic said...

We love Susan!

Judy S. said...

I'd vote for a book from you, too, Debra. ;>)

Judy S. said...

Love that Star, Moira! The others are very nice, too. Looks to me like you accomplished a whole lot, even though you didn't work on the "real" project.

Debra Spincic said...

If I don't hurry up, someone will discover my 2 ideas! Ha! ha!!

Barbara C said...

Wow, beautiful quilts Moira. You did a lot of work.