I did get work done on long-term projects this week, just not on the wedding quilt or any of the other long term projects that I need to be working on. I needed a break from making the blocks for the wedding quilt so I played with the green strip sets that I'd made for the wedding quilt blocks. I ended up with two quilt tops from them. The Green star quilt finished at 72" square, and the green/purple quilt finished at 52" square. Both designs are being considered for a book that Susan N. keeps telling me I need to write.
pulled out a set of 5 blocks from about 40 that I've had now for almost 8
months. These were made by others in an online group that I'm in.
Every once in a while someone will post a challenge to the group for
others to use some fabric that they've pulled. In my case I challenge
the group to make kid-friendly blocks from a bunch of halloween fabrics
that I'd inherited yrs ago. I don't do halloween so these had just
sat mouldering in my stash for year. The resulting quilts will be
donated to Sunshine quilts for kids around the world. The top I made
yesterday finished at 42" square.