The past week has been one when I hopped from project to project. Did a lot of work on getting commissioned fabric ready to go. Ironed about 22 yds of fabric, and then cut out 13 scrub tops. Next up for that ongoing project is ironing more fabric (flannels) and cutting out tops from them.
Next up was me trying to do a little practice work for the art quilt that I need to have done in early summer this past week by printing something on fabric on my printer and failed miserably when my printer wouldn't feed the fabric. =( So I'm back to square one on what i'm going to do for that challenge. Will have to stop and think about what I want to do now.
After trying to work with that I then pulled out a long time project (at least 4-5 yrs old and aging) to see if I could get at least get the top together. This was a block robin that I had participated in with a group of online friends. My starting block was the cross-stitch piece in the top center. I first sewed the bright pink/turquoise blue half-sq blocks around the appliqued block in the bottom right corner. Took me three times to get it done. And then after getting done I'm not sure that I like it because the pink and blue are much brighter and more intense than the other colors. I should have listened to the triangles when they were fighting me on going on the block. (note: the picture does not show how bright these really are compared to the other colors.) So they will be coming off. And I'm also probably not going to use the star either for the same reason. Having decided that I put everything back up until I can figure out what to make to fill in the spaces - and ohio star will probably be one of the blocks, a second and/or third block haven't decided yet.
I was successful though in getting another set of the challenge blocks together for Sunshine Quilts. So at lease something went right. =)