February 18, 2014

Judy ~ A Yarny Tale

Last week I was following the progress of the yarn I'd ordered and learned that while it made it to a neighboring postal station, the package suddenly took off for Dallas.  Since I needed these two skeins to finish my Downton Abbey shawlette, this was very worrisome.


Whew!  They finally made it on Saturday after their big detour.  I wish they could talk and tell me about their journey but  am so glad they arrived so I can now complete my project.  This photo also shows their true color a bit better; there's a definite green in amongst the blue.  I've also learned that alpaca, at least this yarn, doesn't have the best stitch definition, but it sure is nice and soft.  Soft is good.


Here's a teaser from VV block five.  Chooks, I guess that's what they're called in Australia? You'll have to wait a bit to see this one finished at the end of the month along with block four.


When I was looking in my stash (believe it or not!) for a specific color of DMC thread, which I never did find, I discovered these little shoes sans the hearts.  They are size 3-6 mos. and it dawned on me that it was now or never for Stella.  Thanks to Kathyb"s perfect timing with her heart post, I whipped these off.  Haven't heard whether they fit or not though.
                                                                  ~  ~  ~  ~   ~   ~
Hope you all have had a great week and that your projects aren't taking too many detours!

10 comments:

Moira said...

Oh the tales we'd hear if that yarn could talk. lol. It's a lovely color! Cute shoes for Stella.

Suztats said...

I do like that yarn colour, too. Cute little booties, and the heart makes them perfect. Those eyes are staring at me!

Debra Spincic said...

All-time favorite color for me, that's for sure!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Oh you're making me drool! I love the blue yarn (and have some waiting for socks), keep up the good work!

cq4fun said...

Adorable little shoes! How cute they are. Chooks, yes, and they are adorable, too. =)

ladyhawthorne said...

We have another acronym for our list, what is a VV? Anyway the chooks are adorable!

Cyra said...

You know how to write a good yarn Judy lol.
That baby is sure to be the best dressed grandchild around haha. Lucky Stella.

Judy S. said...

I was too lazy to write out Verandah View. (That's the way the pattern spells it?)

Judy S. said...

The yarn is really prettier in person; the color is oceanic and is green in some spots, blue in others. It's interesting and kind of hairy, I guess because of the alpaca.

Debra Spincic said...

:-))