February 25, 2014

Fitzy - Spring's here~

Despite living in the Sonoran desert, the scenery is anything but boring. Five mountain ranges and color is everywhere! Look at all this inspiration!
Oranges need to be picked; the blossoms are about ready to open, putting the harvest season to rest.
The Lantana is coming back, we were lucky to only have one frost this year.
Ice plants are spreading, and never cease to amaze me...so vibrant and bright.
And what you have really come for. I call it done. The corners are left a little uncomplicated, I plan to use those areas to incorporate "over the block seam" treatments. Also, I will add another bead blossom to the amber ones at lower left center, once the blocks are joined. Off to make another block now...I've learned so much. Already forming opinions on which fabrics I love...and which ones I do not! Certainly not fond of those one that tend to pucker, no matter now hard I try!

My plan for this block will to have it join 3 others for the centerpiece of a wallhanging for my work-cubicle. That's all I know for certain! ☺ I also want to thank you for all of your support!

8 comments:

cq4fun said...

Love your block finish! The leaf and the shell are just gorgeous additions. Really a pretty block. My lantana are dead looking sticks which are probably dead plants. =) Definitely not a mild winter here. Have to buy more.

ladyhawthorne said...

Those oranges look delicious! And your block is wonderful. Smart move waiting until you join blocks to finish off things near a seam. I had to learn the hard way.

Cyra said...

A beautiful block Fitzy. Love the flower and leaves. I also really like the addition of the steampunk embellishments. They actually work very well within the scheme.

Judy S. said...

Fun block! Looks to me like you're a natural! Nice stitching!

Debra Spincic said...

The flower is a very nice focal point.

Moira said...

I love the leaves/stem you added to the flower applique. The whole block is beautiful. Can't wait to see the next three blocks take shape.

Suztats said...

I love your block! Those touches of blue are really nice, and I think the leaves and stem are a great addition to the flower. Are you sure you haven't done this before?!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Lol, no never. You're too kind. I've embroidered tons and am a OCD quilter. I was actually quite angered as a beginner quilter, I'd thought I'd found my perfect craft. I remember saying, "What do you mean, the seams may not match up perfectly?!!!!"