February 11, 2014

Fitzy - No longer naked

I promised a naked block, so a naked block I deliver.
So much for my monochromatic thoughts. I couldn't stay away from "just a lil' color!
I kept the naked block on the coffee table all week, and it kept calling my name. It was a force to be reckoned with, but I still was having cold feet. I spent the week pouring over diagrams and stitch dictionaries, and looking at inspiration on Pinterest, trying to find stitches that were interesting. Not much is above my skill level, and once I look at the diagram, I'm pretty much good to go.
and
so
I
DID!
All "with a little help from my friends". Some of Debra's fabrics, and some of my own. Some lace and beads, from Susan N., and some of my own. Lots of suggestions, links and encouragement from all of you.
OK, I'm over the hump and on my way. Thank you for your patience!

9 comments:

Suztats said...

Fitzy, I love the gentle feel of your little bit of colour! Lovely stitching, too. A great start.

Debra Spincic said...

Oh, you are a natural!
Very pretty!

You might notice in the Tabs above that there are links to all the stitches from the TAST. Also, we tagged our posts so you can use the Link Dropdown Menu for more ideas.

ladyhawthorne said...

Gorgeous! I like how the wagon wheel stitching mirrors the lacy edge below it too.

Cyra said...

Woohoo Fitzy... you go girl.

Lovely colour scheme. Gonna be a fabulous quilt, and I can tell that from just these few seam treatments.

cq4fun said...

Very pretty block. Even though there's a little color, it still is mostly a neutral feeling. I love your stitching, and those French knots are beautiful. Those two laces are just perfect.

Barbara C said...

Great colors, I'm glad you got inspired to begin the stitching.

kathy r said...

I adore the colors your have chosen. Your quilt will be a thing of beauty.

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I love the colors, too. Hard to believe you've not done this before!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I've embroidered LOTS, and sewn LOTS...I'm loving figuring out how to put it all together! Thank you all for your kind words.