February 4, 2014

Cy ~ My Monogram for Crazy Quilt

This week I designed and stitched a Monogram for my
Straight From the Heart Crazy Quilt.

Stitches included are: Whipped running stitch, Laced Herringbone stitch, French Knots,Stem stitch, and Back stitch.



Step-by-step photos are on my blog

And the finished Monogram......... 


I know it it usually required to "sign" quilts when completed.
But, as usual, I am doing things back to front.
This Monogram of my initials is for the front of the crazy quilt.
With a bit of luck (and time), next week I can show you the setting I have planned for the Monogram.

16 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Gracious Girl! that's a stunner!

Suztats said...

Well that looks great! Monograms can be such fun.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Your monogram is totally cool! (You use an embroidery hoop, I suppose?) VERY nice.

ladyhawthorne said...

Perfect!

Moira said...

Interesting work. I'm looking forward to see how you set it.

Cyra said...

:-)

Cyra said...

Fun to design AND stitch.

Cyra said...

Thanks Fitzy, yes, I use an embroidery hoop, of which I have many ;-)

Cyra said...

Thanks Angela :-)

Cyra said...

Thanks Moira. I'll be sure to tell 'the story' behind the setting of the monogram too.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful! Can't wait for part 2!

Barbara C said...

Beautiful stitches--thanks for the close-up. I like the idea of signing the front of a crazy quilt.

kathy r said...

You are so talented, please brush a little off on my. Kathleen Mary

Cyra said...

Thank you Judy.

Cyra said...

Thanks Barbara. I shall have to think of a way to put the date on the front too.

Cyra said...

Thanks Kathleen Mary. Everyone is good at something... would you believe that I am hopeless at housework, lol.