February 18, 2014

Barbara's Very Red Sweater


With a few missteps (like having to re-knit the end of one sleeve because it was too short) I've made good progress with my sweater.  I've re-engineered the pattern, so I wasn't exactly sure that knitting the front bands separately and sewing them on would give me the results I wanted, but it worked perfectly.


I've got both sleeves and both front bands knitted up.  The bottom is still on the needles so I can add length and make this sweater reach at least the top of my thighs, if not longer.  I tried it on, and it looks great.  I think I will be able to finish this one soon.

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I bet you wear this sweater for a very long time! You could build a wardrobe around it.

Suztats said...

It's a wonderful colour, and I bet you'll look and feel great wearing it.

QuiltingFitzy said...

It certainly is a wonderful color. Sadly I have one 3/4 done...and there it sits! You're an inspiration to start mine over!

cq4fun said...

How lovely that will be. I wondered at the length, but I like the longer sweaters, so I'm glad you're going that direction.

ladyhawthorne said...

Love the design as well as the color of this sweater!

Cyra said...

A cozy cardigan ..... I know, I know... you call them sweaters, haha, but if it opens down the front I was brought up to call it a cardigan. It's still lovely whatever you want to call it.

Judy S. said...

Very nice and looks perfect for northern California weather!