February 18, 2014
Barbara's Very Red Sweater
With a few missteps (like having to re-knit the end of one sleeve because it was too short) I've made good progress with my sweater. I've re-engineered the pattern, so I wasn't exactly sure that knitting the front bands separately and sewing them on would give me the results I wanted, but it worked perfectly.
I've got both sleeves and both front bands knitted up. The bottom is still on the needles so I can add length and make this sweater reach at least the top of my thighs, if not longer. I tried it on, and it looks great. I think I will be able to finish this one soon.