February 11, 2014

Barbara's Ravellenic Cardigan


Every time there are Olympic games, the knitting site Ravelry has the Ravellenics: a sort of knitting competition with teams, badges, and lots of hoopla.  The spirit of the thing is to challenge yourself with a project that is to be completed (more or less) during the time of the Olympic games.

My challenge is to finish this sweater.  I set it aside before the holidays to focus on other things, but now I'm hoping to finish it off in a couple of weeks.  Here's my project page.


When I started I needed sleeves, the front bands, and I'm going to use whatever yarn is left over to lengthen the body. 


At the end of day 4, I've got one sleeve done, and one on the needles.  I'm making pretty good progress.

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

This shade of red will be a great color on you! Looks like a wonderful sweater-involved past my skill level. Keep us posted on the progress.

Moira said...

Wow - you're speedy in your knitting! Have fun finishing it during the olympics.

Suztats said...

That is fast! I like that shade...it looks like a dark raspberry on my monitor. Happy knitting!

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty! Love the edge at the end of the sleeve.

Cyra said...

This is way past my knitting skill level too. I will sit back and admire it though.

QuiltingFitzy said...

LOVE the color! Will be an awesome finish, and you're certainly in the home stretch!

cq4fun said...

Gorgeous color yarn. I believe you will definitely be finished in time!

kathy r said...

Wow, A wonderful challenge you have given yourself. Can not wait to see it finished.

Judy S. said...

Good job! Lot of stockinette stitch there which is great for TV viewing. Love that color! I'm working on a shawlette, part of a mystery KAL which reminds me once again that I really prefer knowing the "big picture" when I'm making something. Oh well.