January 14, 2014

Suz- January Update

Not a lot to show this week:
The blue mat has morphed:
I think it looks so much better, don't you?
I'm wondering if it all comes down to scale-- if the tatted edging was too insubstantial for the size of the mat.
What do you think?
 I did add little tatted poufs of blue to the corners though
This will soon be on its way to my friend, along with this:









 a pretty little needle case with tatting, and buttonhole lace

just a few finishing stitches
see that pinned fabric? Once sewn, it'll be folded, then cut into a circle for my tree skirt. Yep, already running behind.........

I've been busy with a few other things....and you can check them out
here



Hope you've had a fun, creative week.
Hugs from Suz

11 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I'm sure your friend will love her handmade gifts from you! Pretty!

Cyra said...

The tatted edging was definitely too small for the mat. The broderie-anglais is just right for the mat edging. Looks perfect now, and the needle-case is darling sweet.

cq4fun said...

That lace is better than the tatting, but whether it's scale or something else, I have no clue. =) Love the needlecase, too - such a pretty front. Lucky friend! You'll catch up to your goals eventually. When you aren't scanning photos for me. LOL

ladyhawthorne said...

I agree with Cy, the tatting, though gorgeous, was just too small for the piece. I do like those tatted fluffs at the corners!

The needle book is gorgeous and such a lovely shade of blue.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Yes, a lucky friend indeed. I'm especially fond of the needlebook. Is the fabric a hand-dye? Sure is pretty!

Tatting is "on my list".

Barbara C said...

I'm also admiring the fabric on your needle book. Such pretty blues in both pieces.

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra!

Suztats said...

Took me a while to figure that out......I'll have to remember to think scale more often. Thanks.

Suztats said...

;-D))))

Suztats said...

Fitzy, that's a batik fabric I fell in love with a while ago, and it's been sitting in my stash just waiting for its 15 minutes of fame. It has several shades of blue, a royal green and purple. I needle tat. Are you doing needle or shuttle? Do you know about the Online Tatting Class?

Suztats said...

I just love the batiks, and this one had several of my fave colours together. I just couldn't walk away.........now I wish I'd purchased more of it........