January 28, 2014

Fitzy - Hexagons on the Home Stretch

To the casual observer, it usually looks like I've biten off more than I can chew. I suppose only I know that limit, right? I love deadlines. They help me focus. Something about getting close to the deadline makes my linear-thinking brain cells all line up in a row.

This project is due in the mail Saturday. It.will.be.

Not crazy about the one "read solid" fabric choice, but you live and learn.

Kind of like looking at the cross-section of an ant farm, no?

I was feeling sad to have to show the same project, but HECK! I made lots of PROGRESS. Progress to be proud of. Next week, something different, promise. (OH! And I'll show this project's finished appearance.)

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

This is a group that likes to look at every little bit of progress like it's the last chocolate chip cookie on the plate.

Nice morsels there!

ladyhawthorne said...

You did do a LOT! Hexagons are a lot of work and yours look so perfect too.

Moira said...

You accomplished a lot! And it's looking great.

cq4fun said...

We like to see all the steps along the way. You did a lot this week, and I think that red is just fine.

Judy S. said...

Looks great to me, too! What teeny hexies and so many of them. And the back is very interesting also.

kathy r said...

you should be proud. there is a lot of work in this project.
kathleen mary

Cyra said...

Well done Fitzy, this is so cool. I think everyone loves hexies, I know I do. Seeing what you have achieved here with your hexie mat makes me want to 'fish' out my hexies ufo project (big quilt = long term project).