January 21, 2014

Cy ~ Needle Tatting Beginnings

Humble beginnings. 

My first attempts at Needle Tatting were a failure. I don't know what I did wrong, but the 'thing' just fell apart and I ended up with a piece of thread with knots in it.
In the ORT's bin it went. 
Haha!
But, I'm not one to give up. I persisted, and eventually I got it.
My very first tatted ring. 
A bit uneven, but at least it's a start.


And, for an encore, I made another ring with 3 picots this time, but the photo I took of that one is too blurred to post, sorry.
____________________________________________

 CQ Straight From The Heart 
update - week 3

The Monogram letter "L" is for Love (of course)


And for embellishment I added the two tatted rings, filled them with red French Knots, and stitched meandering tendrils.


_____________________________________________

Just For Fun

Just thought I'd share this typical photo shot of Mojo.
He's always half-way down a hole.


Incidentally, did you notice his little white heart on the tip of his tail.

14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

L for Lewis too! Your improv stitching always delights!

Was thinking that your idea is what I see on Pinterest as the "ticker tape" quilt--

ladyhawthorne said...

Love those flowers with the L.
Mojo is too cute, I assume a terrier? Reminds me of the rat terrier I had as a child.

Cyra said...

Ummm..sort of like that idea... but different... huh

Cyra said...

Yes Angela, Mojo is a miniature Jack Russell Terrier. Always chasing something and gets into lots of trouble, but so entertaining to watch.

Moira said...

Love the block looks!

cq4fun said...

It took me a minute to figure out WHAT was in the tire! LOL Great beginning on the tatting. I love that you tatted the rings and then used them right away with the meandering on the L block.

QuiltingFitzy said...

oooOOOOH! I especially love the tendrils!

Judy S. said...

Now that we've seen his cute tail, how about a shot of his face? You're farther along on the needle tatting than I am; that book is somewhere along with the needle..... Love your "L" and especially the edging. The red centers to the tatted rings are a great touch of color!

Cyra said...

Thanks Moira.

Cyra said...

Haha...the rings were a bit too easy to lose if I put them down anywhere, so I had to use them right away.
That rear end of Mojo is usually all we see of him. Either digging holes or diving through hedges.

Cyra said...

I like stitching tendrils...it's rather therapeutic and 'zen-like'.

Cyra said...

Thanks Judy. Not easy to get a face photo of Mojo as he's never still.
Hope you get to go on the needle tatting adventure with me soon.

Suztats said...

Kudos on the needle tatting, Cy! Well done! (This past week I tried shuttle tatting.......umm......didn't get as far as a ring.......frustrates me no end....maybe I'm just a needle gal..lol) I love those tendrils, too. Mojo looks like a busy little guy. Love the heart.

Cyra said...

Thanks Suz. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy tatting ;-)