December 17, 2013

Suz-Year End Update

Hi everyone. Hope you're all ready for Christmas.
wreath in the foyer
Here's a pic of the cotton tape I'm using for the sashing between my blocks. It ties in with the colours nicely, I think.
The first step of the sashing. I then trimmed the sides, and added the long strips of tape, then layers of lace.

And that's when I noticed a problem..........and had to rip the hanging apart......  :-(   ...there was wailing and moaning, and the air turned blue........

Time was getting short, so I've tucked the pieces away until after Christmas........

After all, I still have the cabled blanket to finish, and a sewing gift to finish, and baking to do, and some visiting, and one more present to buy......

My other projects are also on hold........
Our Christmas tree is up and filled with memories and history, including the lights and many ornaments from our first Christmas as hubby and wife! Those items are now 40 years old!
And they still work!


















All lit up at night.
gee, I just couldn't get a shot while all the lights were lit.....too many blinking here and there.

See that empty space beneath the tree? Looks like a perfect spot for a Christmas tree skirt, don't you agree? Guess what I'm working on for CQJP 2014?! Ha!

I shall be taking a break from now until after the New Year.
Wishing you all a wondrous, safe and very

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

             and All the Best for 2014
 
Thanks for a great, supportive and inspiring year!
I'm looking forward to the next one.
 
Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Cyra said...

What a great use of the cotton tape. And the colour fits in nicely too. Shame you found a problem though.

I like your decorations. The old ornaments are the best. We have quite a few heirloom and memory making adornments on ours too, but the main focus is on the four wooden rocking horses that are engraved with my childrens names and birth-dates. They each hang their horse on the tree on Christmas day, and it turns into quite a ceremony.

Debra Spincic said...

Hit me up for some Christmas embroidery for your upcoming tree skirt. I'd love to share with you!

Barbara C said...

Happy Christmas, enjoy the holiday. I just bought my tree today, so I feel like I'm playing catch-up.

cq4fun said...

It must have been a frustrating time with the CQ. I know it will go better after Christmas things are over and you can concentrate on it again. It looks beautiful from here! Lovely Christmas tree.

ladyhawthorne said...

Did you put together the wreath? It's lovely.
I like the tape for sashing, sorry you had a problem though.
Gorgeous tree!
Merry Christmas!

Suztats said...

Yes, I did, thank you, Angela. I always make my wreaths, and have 3 of them up right now.
Merry Merry!

Suztats said...

Oooh, oh boy! I will, Debra, I will! Gee, Christmas came early...lol. Thank you!

Suztats said...

Thanks everyone! Happy Holidays!

Judy S. said...

That tape is very pretty. Did you add the stitching, or did it come like that? Sorry you ran into issues though. I've got just a couple of things left to do and, like you, the rest are on hold. Have a great holiday!

Suztats said...

The tape came with all the stitching Judy. I found a large roll in the second-hand shop for pennies! I know, lucky me. That was at my last house: haven't found a good 2nd-hand shop here, yet. Make Merry!