December 31, 2013

Suz- Plans for 2014

Hi everyone! I hope those of you who so celebrate had a wonderful Christmas!
There was ice:

 more ice
and snow




We had a fun time with family, but now it's time to get back to 'normal'. The tree is down and away in storage until next year, and the house will soon be put to rights with vacuuming and polishing........well, unless of course I'm distracted by stitching. Lol
I'm happy to report that I finished the cable blanket, and even made a faux sheepskin blanket as well as a teepee for DS's cat. He'll be purring in cushy comfort. The cat, that is. ;-)
For my 2014 CQJP, I plan to create a red Christmas tree skirt, and the theme will be snowflakes. Debra has already machine embroidered a pile of snowflakes for me (thanks so much, Debra!!) and I shall be waiting until their arrival before piecing the skirt. In the meantime, I shall tat some snowflakes of my own and work on other projects in the wings: my wrapping cloth, a pink/blue/purple wallhanging with 'silkies' of my darling granddaughter, projects for StitchMAP, knitting, wool sculpture, painting, and I may just get to teaching myself how to crochet....maybe. I might return to finish the Lace and Roses wall hanging if time permits.
As for the Christmas tree skirt, I plan to have an opening of 12" around the tree base and two triangles' sides trimmed, but not joined, to allow room for easy placing after the tree is decorated. The total circumference will be ~15 1/2 feet with each triangle measuring 24" x15", not counting any trim I may add.
Well, that's the plan right now, anyway..........
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!
May you and yours all be well,
And may there always be some spare time for stitching!

Hugs from Suz



 

13 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Wow. i grew up in MI so I know what your winter must be like. Stay warm and keep those projects going!

Barbara C said...

It looks like you've been blessed with stitching weather. Your project sounds lovely, and ambitious. It'll be a lovely heirloom for your family.

Debra Spincic said...

It's fun to share embroideries & then see them in new projects!

Judy S. said...

No time here to plan anything except the next meal. LOL When the GK leave we are headed to CA for some R and R, and to meet up with my sis who's escaping the MN winter. Back in mid-month with my mind focused on stitching. Have fun, all!

Suztats said...

Have a wonderful trip, Judy!

Suztats said...

You bet, Barbara. With more snow and winds today, I spent the morning doing a colonography (yah, happy New Year to me! lol!) then out to breakfast, home for stitching and out to supper, then more stitching. I could get used to this! (well, except for the colonography part, that is......)

Suztats said...

You should have seen me last night, Angela! I couldn't get warm. I had long underwear under my satin p.j.s, a scarf wrapped around my neck and tucked into my longie's top, 3 blankets on the bed, plus a double layered fur throw, and I was wearing my fur Santa hat. cute I was not, but I was still cold!

Suztats said...

I'm looking forward to lots of fun!

cq4fun said...

Sounds like a creative and ambitious 2014! I hope you'll show pictures of the piece with your granddaughter, as well as the tree skirt - that's going to be a BIG project!

Debra Spincic said...

Maybe you need some iron in your blood!!

Suztats said...

Big is right--hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew with the skirt. I promise to show pictures.

Cyra said...

Brrr.. that looks a bit chilly to me. I dont think I could survive a real winter like that.
I like the snowflake skirt project idea.

Suztats said...

Well, Cy, so far the lowest has been -28C which felt like -40 something C with the wind chill factor. How cold is that? Well, if you wear glasses, the metal parts feel like they're frozen to your skin, and when you walk outside, your nose hairs freeze! Layers make the difference, and face coverings are a must.
I'm so glad it's warmed up!