December 10, 2013

Suz -- CQJP 2013 -- Wrapping It Up!

With the finish of my December block, I completed CQJP 2013!!  Yay!






















 Here's how they'll fit together for my Lace and Roses wall hanging. They're all damp stretched and ready to be put together.



Next, I need to add a border between each block, then add lots and lots of lace!
















 Work on piece #10 of my wrapping cloth has begun with a row of french knots and the start of buttonhole lace.......























I am smitten with the strip of lace across the top. It's pinned in place for now.




Piece # 10 is rather small, so it won't be long until it's fully titivated..........I hope














I've been making progress on my cable blanket, and am almost half way...............
Snow arrived.
and made the neighbourhood white and fluffy.......















In keeping with the season, you might like to listen to this acapella hymn. I think it's beautiful.

There are other projects on the go, but I can't share just yet......... Hope you've had some time to work on your projects, too.

Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Look at all those lovely rose blocks! So pretty! What are you using for the sashing?

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on finishing all your blocks. They look so pretty side-by-side.

Cyra said...

Lace and Roses overload... oooh, sigh. Beautiful.

Thank you for showing the gorgeous winter scene. You've no idea how much I miss winter (but you can keep the cold that goes with it).
Christmas in hot, hot summer IS REALLY weird. I still have not got used to it even after being here for 13 yrs.

Judy S. said...

Such a pretty snowy scene! I really love looking at it but am glad not to be shoveling it! I LOVE your blocks; they are so pretty altogether. The wrapping cloth is wonderful also. Great colors! Nice work!

ladyhawthorne said...

The lace & roses is gorgeous all together. And the wrapping cloth piece is so pretty too.

Suztats said...

I have a heavy,~ 3cm wide cotton roll (looks like a marine type fabric trim) I found at the second hand store some time ago, and thought I'd join the blocks with that, then add some eyelet trim overtop for more 'lace'. As for the backing, I saved the brown drapes that were here when we moved in, since the back has tabs I thought might work for hanging the piece on a wooden rod. (you got to use what's on hand, right?)

Suztats said...

I think I'd really miss the changing of the seasons myself. Our daughter now has Christmas in the hot summer in Australia, and it's really difficult to imagine. Though I guess the very first Christmas didn't have snow, did it?

Suztats said...

Thanks Barbara!

Suztats said...

Thanks ladies for all the nice comments. I'm trying to finish this before Christmas.........but there's so much else to do, too, that it might not happen.......

Debra Spincic said...

You'll have to show us. Yep, I'm all about working down the stash!

Debra Spincic said...

It's all in what you get used to--we often have warm winters here in Houston. I remember some Christmases when we wore shorts. For me, personally, I've let go of the traditional idea of a snowy Christmas. Once I did that, I was a lot happier. But, it really is the main theme pushed on us from all directions.

Suztats said...

True, Debra. Most years our Christmases have been snowy...especially once we moved out of the big city of Toronto. Now that we're in Peterborough, we may have some green ones.....I wouldn't mind, but shorts weather would be really weird. lol

cq4fun said...

What pretty blocks the 2013 project are - together they make a very nice collection and all the lace I'm visualizing between will be beautiful. I really like the one pinned on your wrapping cloth, too. What a lovely snow shot! Thanks for the acapella link. Someone else sent it to me, but I had lost it. It's interesting the way it's done, and very pretty.

Suztats said...

Thank you! I almost had the whole thing all joined together and laced, and then I noticed a problem....argh....and had to rip it all apart.....sheesh!
Glad you enjoyed the acapella link. He has an amazing voice, doesn't he?
Make Merry!