December 17, 2013

Susan: Two Seams on December block

Not surprisingly, there are two seams started, but I'm not sure they are finished yet. Much more to go, and only half the month to do it.

First, I played with the plaid piece to the right of my silkie for this month. There was something about it that begged for lines, and strange shapes. I started with the blue, then added the red and yellow. The odd angles come from the edge of one of the Sharon Boggon templates. I like it. If I were doing frilly girl things, I'd probably add a lot of embellishment to the lines, but I'm inclinded to leave this side as it is.


Next, I flipped around to the other side and did some herringbone - the red and blue are enough to make your eyes cross, aren't they? I don't think this one is finished at all.

9 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I think it's fun to take your stitching cue from the fabrics. Unexpected surprises happen!

Suztats said...

Lots of movement in these seams. Looks great!

Cyra said...

I like the irregular stitched double line. It adds a sense of uncertainty and suspense.
Almost there now. The end is in sight.

cq4fun said...

It does look like a double line, because the top yellow one doesn't really show up. Almost there!

Cyra said...

I was on my Android phone just now, and couldn't see the yellow line on the small screen, but now I have looked at it again on my (extra large) pc monitor, and yes, I can definitely see the yellow line on there now. I can also see the plaid fabric better too.

Barbara C said...

I like the irregular lines too. Nice work!

ladyhawthorne said...

Kind of like a graph chart, maybe a chart of the firework explosions!

cq4fun said...

Hey, there you go! I knew someone would tell me what it was. LOL I like that.

Judy S. said...

I couldn't see the yellow at first on this monitor either; before that the red and blue zigzags reminded me of the fetal monitor graphs I see in the antepartum unit! Have a wonderful holiday, Susan. I love your Advent postings even if I am behind on reading them.