December 10, 2013

Recycled Jeans!

No embroidery this week, but I did break out the sewing machine to create this recycled project for GD#1.  A quilting friend suggested a matching vest with the leftovers, but I don't think I'll get to that before Christmas.....


The most exciting news of the week though was that our two group quilts each won third place in their divisions at the recent quilt show. (Pictures on my blog.)  Other than that, my week was consumed by knitting and rehearsing/singing our annual Christmas concert. These days are going WAY TOO FAST!

7 comments:

Barbara C said...

Adorable skirt! I hope things slow down for you so you can catch your breath. Congratulations on the quilt prizes.

Suztats said...

Congrats on the quilt show prizes! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas concert.
That's a very cute skirt! Love the blues.

Debra Spincic said...

Cute skirt! I love recycled denim!

Congrats on the quilts too!

Cyra said...

Too cute for words, lol. I like denim skirts. I wonder if that one will fit me ....nah, don't think so, but it gives me a great idea.
Hope you have a great time at the Christmas Concert.

Judy S. said...

Our concert did go well, thanks. Lots of fun music and the challenge of singing in some other languages than English. Good for the brain, right? Now I'm wondering what will Cy come up with???

ladyhawthorne said...

Seems everyone gets super busy this time of year, super cute skirt!

Judy S. said...

I never get started soon enough......