December 3, 2013

Judy Actually Picked Up Her Embroidery Needle!



Can you believe that last night I actually picked up my embroidery and finished the fence on this block-to-be?  There are quite a few stitching projects waiting in the wings, including one which I have to redo because I messed up on cutting it for a block. Sigh.  I need to be more careful!


If you're looking for a fun and quick project, a cup holder might just fit the bill.  It's a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn also. (My pattern is over 40 stitches and from the Loopy Ewe, but you could use any stitch pattern, I think.) Also, I discovered a new knitting stitch, the linen stitch. It looks like weaving! You can see the finished cowl on Ravelry.

Have a great week.  I'm off for an afternoon of knitting with the Antepartum ladies.  Bye!

13 comments:

Cyra said...

Love the bathing white dove. I also like how the crossed stitch gives the impression of a wire fence. The eye fills in what is there.
Great idea for the cup holder. I wonder if I have time to make a similar set for holding the tinnies straight from the fridge. They would need to absorb the condensation though. Thanks for the idea.

Judy S. said...

It goes pretty quick and in the round you don't have any seams to sew either.

Judy S. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ladyhawthorne said...

Sweet embroidery, spring in December!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love the embroidery, so cheerful. We've had fog and rain here, everything is gray (fifty shades of gray HAHAHA) so that is really cheering me up. I'm going to try the cup holder. Could you use cotton yarn? I have a lot of that from my knitted dish cloth craze.

Debra Spincic said...

Always enjoy your embroidery!

Suztats said...

Your embroidery reminds me of simpler times. I think of my grandmother's garden......
Nice cup holder, too. Great for protecting the fingers from hot (or cold) containers.

Judy S. said...

I'm sure it would. I'm using sze 4 dpn's with Cascade 220 leftovers even though it asks for a larger needle. I think the smaller needle just makes it tighter and maybe hold the heat better?

Judy S. said...

Thanks! And the sun here set at 4:20 PM today!!! At least it came out though!

Judy S. said...


Thanks!

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Suz. There are some other cute ones, and hopefully I'll get to them after the holidays.

cq4fun said...

No, YOU use up odds and ends of yarn that way. I have no odds and ends, and I can't knit. LOL Cute project, though. Yay! Stitching progress!

Judy S. said...

I've used some leftover yarn for CQ also! ;>)