December 17, 2013

Debra: 1000 Pyramid Quilt




Now that I have completed my community quilting, I decided to reexamine some UFOs! This quilt was a good day's sewing from completion. Over the weekend, I finished it. It's a gift for the young lady who originally rescued Jake, my golden retriever. I know she will love the skulls and roses theme.

Stop by my blog here for the detail photos!

Do you have anyone to recommend to join Tuesday Stitchers for 2014?  If so, please send me their name and email address so I can get add them to the permissions.  Remember that we want members who will be attentive to the deadlines & willing to post weekly with progress photos.  Please, please make sure they can use their camera and know how to post to a blog.  Please!

It sounds like many of us will be returning to some long-term projects for 2014.  It will be another great year to watch projects unfold through our posts.

12 comments:

Cyra said...

Love the pyramid quilt. Great colour scheme and fun fabrics. Nice of you to continue to let the young lady know that she is still appreciated.

I have one person in mind to add to our group here. Email coming soon.

cq4fun said...

Already recommended. =) Love your colorful pyramids quilt!

Debra Spincic said...

Sent this afternoon via UPS. I bet she will be delighted!

Barbara C said...

It's nice to see another one of these pyramid quilts. They always look great.

Debra Spincic said...

I still have one more in UFO stage. It is that muddy gold that I really don't like. I should just grin and bear it because it would be a lovely quilt for a couple in the Family Promise program.

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you! A very limited audience for skulls but I know this young lady will like them.

Debra Spincic said...

Will be looking for your email.

ladyhawthorne said...

Another beautiful quilt! You couldn't make an ugly one if you tried. Did Jake help?, I mean keep you company underfoot? Or is that Elmo that does that? LOL.

Debra Spincic said...

Since I've moved the sewing machine to the dining room, they watch from the foyer. Gives us all some space!

Suztats said...

This is a wonderful quilt! I like how the black and white allow the colours to zing. Nice back, too.

Debra Spincic said...

Thanks Suz! Very lively and joyful quilt.

Judy S. said...

Awesome quilt, Debra! It must have taken a long time to do all those triangles! She will love this, for sure!
Merry Christmas!