December 4, 2013

Deborah: New Quilt for Debra

First, I thought I would share my Hanukkah table with you.  The aluminum foil is a nice touch, don't you think?  And unfortunately you get the doggie's backside.




I think this turned out nicely. Pretty good distribution of colors. I was able to dig up something for a narrow inner border but really could not find anything I liked for an outer one. I wonder if Debra has anything in her stash? Hmm.

I STILL have many 5" blocks which I will continue to play with; also have a lot of PURPLE and have been adding to it a little at a time for a purple quilt that is in my head. And, I have a stack of blocks to put together. Lots to do, before the end of the year I hope because next year I want to start on a specific project or two.

So hard to believe 2013 is nearly over. It's been productive, sewing wise for me, I think. This group give me so much support. I so enjoy reading about your projects and learning from you all.

Work: well what can I say? I will be 64 next March - can it be true? I am considering retirement at 65. I am tired of all the drama. I'll just have to play it by ear.

Indulge me while I share picture of Hamilton and his Hannukah bow tie:




8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I just love scrappy quilts, it's lovely. And the menorahs are beautiful! Love the fun doggie!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

They really are my favorites. So homey. I have a cat menorah but couldn't find where I had stored it this year. It will turn up around July probably.

Debra Spincic said...

I'm pretty sure I can find fabric for a border!!

So glad you are part of the group too!

Cyra said...

The silver foil is a good idea. Not only does it protect your table from candlewax drips, it also gives extra candle light in the reflection.
The quilt looks like another stash buster. Greens are always a peaceful colour to live with.
Hamilton looks to be enjoying the attention that his smart bowtie is giving him. Georgeous puppy-dog eyes.

Suztats said...

Lovely quilt! It looks warm and welcoming and I think that's because of the colours you've used. Hamilton is a cutie!

Judy S. said...

I agree! It's really fun having cyber-friends.

Judy S. said...

Nice decorations! Love the real doggy, too. Very nice quilt! You're right, this has been a very fast year. Just wait till you retire; the days go by even faster!

cq4fun said...

Love your Hanukkah table, foil and all. It makes sense if you have drippy candles! I have no doubt Debra has something in her sash somewhere that will border that center!