December 31, 2013

Deborah: Gearing Up for 2014

I'm looking forward to a fresh start in 2014. This red/white quilt has been incubating in my mind for awhile, at least a year I think. Debra sent me some machine embroidery redwork flowers and just today I received another generous package filled with machine embroidered flowers, birds, and butterflies:



I

I'm gathering all my red and white fabrics together to get started on this CQ this week. This should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to another productive year with this group. 

Hope you all have a great New Year's - stay safe!



7 comments:

Suztats said...

Red and white must be the colour combo for 2014! Love the embroideries, and looking forward to seeing more.

ladyhawthorne said...

Sounds like a fantastic project!

Debra Spincic said...

Those embroideries are so fresh, I am tempted to stitch a pile too!

Barbara C said...

I look forward to seeing your project evolve. I've got my own redwork embroidery quilt that's been brewing in the idea state for awhile. I don't plan to tackle mine in the near future, but I'm hoping your project will inspire me.

Judy S. said...

I've got a red and white one languishing, too. It's waiting for me to finish the quilting, so it'll be interesting for me to see what you decide to do.

cq4fun said...

Who wouldn't be inspired to do something wonderful with those? I can hardly wait to see what your idea is.

Cyra said...

I am looking forward to seeing your red and white idea develop. Beautiful pieces from Debra. Very inspirational.